kirsten

General Ledger Report

Hi,

I am having my annual accounts prepared and my accountant has asked me to run off a Trial Balance report and a general/nominal ledger report for the year. Is there a report that shows all activity in all general ledger accounts for the year or do I have to run off each general ledger separately?

Thanks in advance

Kirsten

Kristen, on Express Accounts you can go to Report/ Other Reports and then select the Trial Balance that shows all the Accounts on the selected Time period. This trial Balance report will show all your Debits and Credits for all the accounts. Try that out and let us know if that is what you are looking for.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes i've given them the Trial Balance, but what they are looking for also is a listing of activity in each ledger account, they say to ensure that everything has been posted to the right place. I can see how to run a report for individual ledger accounts, but if possible I want to do a report that shows all activity in all accounts for a specified period?

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes i've given them the Trial Balance, but what they are looking for also is a listing of activity in each ledger account, they say to ensure that everything has been posted to the right place. I can see how to run a report for individual ledger accounts, but if possible I want to do a report that shows all activity in all accounts for a specified period?

There is the Journal  report which is under

View -> Journal

which will give all transactions or press Ctrl + V and it will open the Journal

I have just sent in the suggestion to technical support. A general ledger report is basic functionality for any accounting program to my mind.