Playing a recording - lock up

martyson

I just purchased WavePad .. so just testing / learning.

If I record in Wavepad and then hit the play button all ok. Playback sounds good. I saved the file.

If I the use the scrubber and arrow keys to play a portion that seems to work ok but it replays very slow speed even with clicking arrow key a second time e.g.

But now if I unselect the scrubber and then try to play (play button) it just does not play .. locks up with the cursor line bouncing a little left and right but remains in one spot ... like in the screenshot I will post here.

I have to exit Wavepad, start wavepad again, then I can load my (previously saved recording) audio file (or record a new file) and play it ok....

.. until I use the scrubber again.

Edit: I was following the NCH WavePad Introduction Tutor video .. got half way through it .. then this scrubber problem happened.

I also noticed now the version that I got with the new purchase download is v6.24 Beta.

WavePad-scrubber-record_zpsh6dljgdh.jpg

Guest Alex Chapman

Hi Vaughan,

I have now fixed this bug, so the fix will be in the next release of WavePad. In the meantime you can avoid the problem by clicking and holding the FF/RW buttons instead of rapidly clicking them many times. If you do run into the problem again, you can fix it by clicking once on the FF or RW button to reset things back to normal.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Alex

Hi Alex,

"I have now fixed this bug, so the fix will be in the next release of WavePad. In the meantime you can avoid the problem by clicking and holding the FF/RW buttons instead of rapidly clicking them many times. If you do run into the problem again, you can fix it by clicking once on the FF or RW button to reset things back to normal."

The holding the FF/RW buttons did not work .. still ended up with WavePad completely locked up.

Also, VideoPad is a beta version with my last purchase.

What I would like to do is get a refund on my purchased bundle update (Debut + VideoPad + WavePad).

Then, I will wait a few months until the software issues get sorted and tested and then take another look at an update.

I sincerely hope you can approve a refund in this case.

Please let me know what steps I must take to get a refund.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the follow up.

You mentioned: "I have now fixed this bug, so the fix will be in the next release of WavePad.

In the meantime you can avoid the problem by clicking and holding the FF/RW buttons instead of rapidly clicking them many times.

If you do run into the problem again, you can fix it by clicking once on the FF or RW button to reset things back to normal."

I tried your temp fix once and had still had problems.

So then, I did a reply post here telling you it did not work for me.

Seeing I have to wait for the next WavePad product version update ... and that could take a long time for all I know ... I asked if it is possible to get a refund on my 3 product bundled upgrade that I purchased last month.

But no reply from you yet.

Before purchasing the bundle I did verify here in the forum with Ben that WavePad v6.24 was in fact officially released even though I had not seen it on the release page.

In fact, WavePad Version 6.21 is still shown today http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/versions.html

Because Ben told me v6.24 was good to go I then did my bundle purchase.

As it turned out .. WavePad v6.24 has problems which I reported here in the forum you verified.

The reasons for the refund request:

1. I do not want to wait for the next version of WavePad to be released.

2. I want to keep bundled products purchase date, KEY activation date and start usage date the same.

3. I want all products working properly when I start using them.

I purchased a bundle and I would like a refund on the bundle.

Later, after I see that a new version of Windows Wavepad has been officially released and no reports of problems, I can evaluate a another NCH bundle purchase.

Seeing I did not get a reply to my last post (can I get a refund) I decided to do a short video to show the problems I have with the temp fix instructions you mentioned.