How to mix with fade in/fade out

ChecMark

Although I watched all the videos and thought I knew what I was doing, I was wrong. I added a number of .mp3 files from my computer then added some fade out/fade in to a couple of tracks. Not really what I wanted but close enough; however, when I export the file what I get is every song playing at the same time, a real noise mess. What I wanted was to burn a CD with songs that would fade out as the next song fades in for a local bar's country night.

Appreciate any help.

To edit tracks, such as adding fades, and burn a mix cd (sounds like that is what you are trying to do) MixPad isn't the program you want.

WavePad would be the appropriate program to use to apply fades. You can burn from there, or use Express Burn.

Hi ChecMark,

vapors is correct. The software which would best suit your needs is WavePad. MixPad is focussed on taking multiple audio sources and then combining them into one final mixed file. WavePad is more focussed on editing a file and saving the changes.

What you want to do *can* be done in MixPad, but you would need to do it to one song at a time. But as has been said, it's not really designed that way. WavePad wil allow you to apply a fade in/out to your tracks as a batch process which means that once you have set the fade in/out time in the way you want, it can be applied to any file quickly.

Regards,

Ben