Video but no audio whatsoever

carbondrake

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There have been several similar reports of late, but the audio loss can not be replicated by NCH or the testers in this forum.  That's the case with both of your projects.

Using version 8.23, they loaded and exported normally with audio intact.   For a short while, here is the result of the video clip.  Click DOWNLOAD to save it to your PC.

What are your PC's specs:  RAM/CPU brand and #.  To see this, click the Notification icon at the bottom-right of the Windows 10 screen.  Click ALL SETTINGS | SYSTEM | ABOUT.

Can you test Videopad on another PC?

Try closing Videopad, then restart it and before loading anything Clear Unused Cache Files, under OPTIONS | DISK tab.

If that makes no difference, try a total uninstall using this free tool.  After it runs the Windows uninstaller, select all the registry files that it finds and uninstall those as well.

Then reinstall Videopad.

A note has been sent to the developers.  Please report your findings here after trying the above measures..

Hi

Looking at the 2 jpgs you posted I notice that the sound file still shows the "quaver" icon with the "eggtimer" in the corner. This suggests that the sound file on your setup (Mozart-Requium.mp3)did not complete or process fully, as it would then have shown the "waveform " icon.  There has been a similar complaint where there was no sound and those icons were also present apparently without a conversion..

On that occasion also the dropbox files loaded OK and converted correctly. The mp3 in question here also downloaded and played normally in VP version 8.23 on my old Vista system....

aa.jpg

I'll point this aspect out to the developers  as well in case they haven't noticed.

Nat

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 9:03 AM, borate said:

There have been several similar reports of late, but the audio loss can not be replicated by NCH or the testers in this forum.  That's the case with both of your projects.

Using version 8.23, they loaded and exported normally with audio intact.

Hi, 

I tried in two PCs, same issue, in Mac it works but I hate working in that computer, because every now and then the timeline sticks to the cursor, (don´t really know how to explain it) an wherever I move it, the timeline moves to right or left, so I must reboot Videopad.

I´ll look for my PC's references, but as I said before, I worked with VP fine for about 6 months in one of them. Installed in the other one when it stopped working.

It might be one of those Windows updates that f***s everything.

Thanks for answering anyway

Never could reproduce the problem here, testing several versions.  Same good result by others who checked it.

But a few users did report what may have been similar audio issues now allegedly remedied in this version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Give this current release a go and report back.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have a solution

This thread is old but I was having the same problem and this was the only thread that seems to talk about that kind of problem and I've found a solution:

Start the application with "Administrator" privilege by right clicking on it and selecting Run As Administrator solve the problem for me.

Thank you have a nice day.

😉

I have just had the same issue ... installing on a new, windows 10 PC, new download, and a new licence key.   Its working fine on my other PC.  I tried working on a video in videopad but got no sound in my headphones.  Checked windows sound devices and my headphones were set as the default device.  Checked windows volume mixer and no entry for VideoPad was shown so I was a bit confused ... I went to the videopad menu, tools, options and found that the audio playback was set to a display audio device for a screen I attached  for a short while during the setup of the PC and while installing programs.

My assumption is that videopad picked it up when I first launched it but I did not specifically set any playback device in videopad - I just let it use the default windows device.

It seems that Videopad did not check the device existed before using it as playback ... I would have expected that if I had not made any changed to the VideoPad settings it would have continued to use the windows default, whatever that was.  I would also expect that is the device is no longer valid that VideoPad would switch to the windows default rather than continue trying to use an invalid device.

TheArtCube said:  i have no idea what you are talking about..

Well, that's makes two of us.  What version of VP is being used?  The file that your friend sent - the one with no audio in Videopad  - share it and someone will take a look.  

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT.  On the server, don't forget to copy a shared (public) link to paste into your post or PM.

What version of VP is this?  Open OPTIONS | AUDIO tab and confirm that the 'default device' is shown as the Playback Device.  You can also reinstall VP to see if that helps.

Yo tengo el mismo problema. Ni con la versión de prueba ni con la de licencia comprada, puedo cargar correctamente los archivos de audio. La versión de VP es la última (una versión Beta)

No me aparecen los tracks de ondas en el cubo de archivos de audio ni en el clip de audio. Solo una zona gris.

También me aparece el reloj de arena en lugar de las ondas en el cubo de udio. He probado con varios formatos de audio, pero me sigue haciendo lo mismo. 

Si cargo un archivo de vídeo que lleva audio asociado, tampoco lo carga.

Quizás sea un problema de la configuración de mi Windows 10, pero no adivino que pueda ser.

Cualquier ayuda sera bienvenida.

Gracias.

• 2 weeks later...

SOLVED!

I had the same problem having only just bought the software yesterday.

I solved the problem by going to Main Menu -> File -> Run Audio Setup Wizard - and making sure that the mic and playback levels were ok.  This action must fix the problem somehow.

You appear to have quoted a five-year old post (now deleted).  It's best to begin a new thread with a descriptive subject.

If indeed you have no audio, upgrade to the latest release.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

The video I exported has no sound but works fine on the editing suite. How do I go about resolving the matter? It is frustrating because I have to wait for 3 hours to only find out that there is no sound. 

Upgrade to the latest release. 

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If that's no help please share your project.  Someone will take a look and solve the problem.  It's easy, takes only minutes and can be private.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

• 2 weeks later...

Having the same issues here. Video fine when played on computer, however when imported/added into VP there is no audio. I removed and tried to reinstall components (via codec links on NCH website), no change. I installed latest version of VP, no change. I ran the program as Administrator, no change. I ran the "Run Audio Setup Wizard", change configuration, reopened VP, and tried again, no change. I did notice a small yellow bar at the bottom of the screen say something along the lines of "your audio tracks are being ... so you may not hear sound until this is finished". But since opening and closing VP again, I cannot replicate the yellow bar at the bottom of the screen. I have tried doing a new project and adding files again, and still no success. My husband thought that stabilizing the videos might help, but that is also not affecting change.

I am using:

Windows 7
VP 8.39 (not yet licensed, as I have old license but not sure if I'll upgrade if this problem can't be fixed)

Thanks for your suggestions.

You may have already done this, but close VP and on the PC locate these file folders. 

• C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components\
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components\

Delete everything in them.  Then reinstall Videopad.

If no joy, someone here will be glad to take a look at your project, which is the best way to remedy issues.  Please upload and share it.  This is easy, takes little time and can be private.

We will be looking forward to seeing it.  Don't forget to get a SHAREABLE link and post it here.

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT.

• 1 month later...

I got a message that sound was still processing and I will not hear until its finish. So left it load or process,  then can back later and it played fine. At first too impatient and navigated away and heard nothing. It just ended with no sound. So now just reload and wait. 

• 4 weeks later...

Finally aftera fru7strated sundaY i FIXED MY NO AUDIO on replaywith videopad

go to menu

go to tools then options

Select Audio and connect 

Find default drivers or  in my case a behringer interface.

Everything  works now 

Hip Hip haray

• 1 month later...
  • borate changed the title to Video but no audio whatsoever
  • 4 weeks later...

I am having trouble with my new (paid) VP version 8.95 about importing *.mov files, that VP strips the audio from the video file.  The original source files are fine, but the imported file on VP has no audio component, a straight line on the Audio Track.  I also imported *.mp4 files with no problems.  I've followed the conversation and tried many of the suggestions, including running as Adminstrator and clearing the cache, to no avail.  My machine is a new MSI laptop with a Core I7 processor, 16GB Ram, 256 GB SSD.

Thank You,

Carroll

Though the issue may seem to be the same, there are a number of reasons for audio loss described in this thread.

Install this version, for now.  Ignore any virus prompts.  If it succeeds, suggest waiting a week or so before installing the latest release.

What version of VP is being used?  Try the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

How large are these files and at what resolution?

If a newer release doesn't solve the issue, please share a single file here (or in private) and someone will take a look.

Just upload it to a free server, share it (make it public), get a shareable link, copy that link and post it here or to me in a Personal Message (click the folder at the top-right of this forum and search for "borate.")