Sign in to follow this  
carbondrake

Video but no audio whatsoever

I just downloaded VideoPad today (paid version) and I'm having the same issue, no matter what video files I import. Audio works everywhere else on my system, even within the VideoPad software when checking out the stock sounds. But once I add them to the Timeline and try to play them back, no sound. I can see the track and waveform on the timeline, but it doesn't play.

Could you please check Options->Audio->Playback Device, make sure it is Default Playback Device?

@discoqueen:

Before uploading as Borate suggested, could you please check a few more things:

1. When you imported a video file, can you see the audio track below the video track?
  2. If you can see an audio track, is the audio track has waveform on it or just a straight light.

If the video is imported properly, is should look like this:

j6d3nx99wt.png

So I tried everything I could with the .avi, but I get the same encoding issues with every encoder I have on the list, however as it is working correctly with the .mpeg now, that's not really an issue for me.

More importantly, even after the updates I'm still getting the blank waveform audio line when I import video clips. If I split the audio and video outside of VideoPad, then import them separately, I have no issues, but importing as a block A/V file doesn't work. After you mentioned the extra blank channel on the file, I figured that this would be a stereo recording issue, but I get the same problem still with files recorded in mono, so there's no real possibility of multiple channels.

Any ideas?

VideoPad does not support multiple sound track at the moment.

Before we implement the feature split the audio outside VideoPad is the workaround.

This thread is two years old, so it's best to start anew.  But since we're here, please upload your file to Dropbox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like and share the link publicly here.  Someone will check it out for you.