How to export small test part

daorus

Case: I have a 3 minutes video timelines with audio timelines with diffrent effects, transitions etc.

How can I export some small test part just to check if particular parts of my compositions are ok, before I would export the whole video.

For example, I want to export 01:24-01:32, 02:15-02:22 and 02:47-02:55 because they are the most complex and important parts, but the rest of video are ok and I know it.

Today, I have to export everything, wait and check, and rebuild.

Shortly speaking, is there some feature as like "Export selected"??

Hi

Simplest way is to save your project for a start. (Don't clear the cache otherwise reloading it will take longer.)

Now isolate the section that you want to test by splltting it off and deleting the unwanted portions and export this.

Reload your project and repeat with another section that you want to test, and export that....& etc. You could then test each exported file.

Alternatively and probably easier...you could save your complete timeline as a sequence (which clears the tracks,) and then, from the sequence media list selecft the sequence and use the IN/OUT markers in the preview screen to isolate the required sections and then add to the timeline with the green down arrow each time. Now export that timeline for testing. ( Note: You have to reclick the media list each time to re-preview the sequence and renew the green arrow)

As you have saved the complete project as a vpj file you can load it all back if you are satisfied with the exported sections.

Nat

Hi

Simplest way is to save your project for a start. (Don't clear the cache otherwise reloading it will take longer.)

Now isolate the section that you want to test by splltting it off and deleting the unwanted portions and export this.

Reload your project and repeat with another section that you want to test, and export that....& etc. You could then test each exported file.

Alternatively and probably easier...you could save your complete timeline as a sequence (which clears the tracks,) and then, from the sequence media list selecft the sequence and use the IN/OUT markers in the preview screen to isolate the required sections and then add to the timeline with the green down arrow each time. Now export that timeline for testing. ( Note: You have to reclick the media list each time to re-preview the sequence and renew the green arrow)

As you have saved the complete project as a vpj file you can load it all back if you are satisfied with the exported sections.

Nat

Thank you for your ideas.

1) Save project / cut off from before staring point and end point by using feature select + "Select deleted region" / export / reload project - that's what we use if waiting is really too much

2) Your Idea with sequences we think is more complex because it is difficult to keep in mind what is where

Acctually 1) method would be quite ok if Videopad could be opened in several application instances, so we could hold current project as main correction point and open secon application instance of Videopad for this current project and use Select deleted region pattern 1)

But anyway, thank you for your ideas!!