Video is out of sync with video and sound (Version 4.05) on Windows 8.1

RickDaSquirrel

Please try:

1. Clear the cache (Options->Disk->Clear Unused Cache Files) before you load the project in 4.05.
  2. Re-install 4.00 see if the video is OK. You should be able to find the installer under C:\Program Files\NCH Software\VideoPad.

Best regards,

• 4 weeks later...

I am using version 4.08 and have the same problem. Everything is great in Editor and Preview. Once I export, it is out of sync. This only occurs when I edit the video and make a new sequence. During the transition it looks and sounds perfect in editor, when I export, the transition points are off by several seconds. I had Custom settings of the Preset file setting.

File Format: .avi

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 - YouTube 1080p

Maximum Frame Rate: 60.00

However, if I Export as a Video File and select DETECT Preset, it changes to MFR 30.00 Then it seems to be ok.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. Version 4.1 The audio is out of sync with the videos in Videopad. They start out in sync, but don't stay that way terribly long. They play on their own just fine and have no problems, but not once I load them with VideoPad.

Video editing is resource intensive, and it's possible that your PC cannot keep up. List its CPU, memory and video specs here.

You might also try recording in a different audio format. Some versions of Mp3 have been known to be problematic in some editing software.

Could very likely be it, as it's fairly old now. However, it seems odd that I never had any problem at all with it until the last week or so.

Windows Vista

Intel core 2 quad 2.66 GHz

6GB RAM

GeForce GTX 650

I should probably also mention that it does it even with something like a 6 minute video. AND other editing programs work just fine with syncing, but they unfortunately put watermarks on them after finished.

Yep, tried everything I've seen on here. Including clearing the cache and reinstalling. I suppose it could be the format of either audio or video, but I don't seem to have problems with it elsewhere, which is a shame because I like VideoPad.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/354t5n576wj29ir/Untitled.vpj?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5d4re59s9cgahif/Birthday_Stream_Tonight_D_2015-07-18_0302_cut_cut.mp4?dl=0

Hmm, that's weird, I see that now. I jumped around from point to point before, so I guess I didn't see that. Must have been some downloading problem when i first got it, though I'm not sure how the other programs managed to do it without sync issues, but thanks for the catch there and sorry for taking up your time on something that stupid. XD

A succession of still frames in WMP, but flawless (no 1:18 glitch/no sync problems) in Media Player Classic - Home Cinema.

I'm not hugely tech savvy, but that seems odd to me.

You can unlink the video and audio and re-sync them in VideoPad. If the parts you wanted aren't corrupted.

I started trying that but didn't finish it. I got it edited how I wanted with another program, but it took longer, so I'll have to go try that again.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a similar issue: everything's fine inside Video Pad 4.05 but the exported video is out of sync. I've tried to download the latest version but they want to charge me again. I've already paid for it twice! The last time was just a few weeks ago. How can I fix this?

I've got a similar issue: everything's fine inside Video Pad 4.05 but the exported video is out of sync. I've tried to download the latest version but they want to charge me again. I've already paid for it twice! The last time was just a few weeks ago.

For registration and purchase related issues, this may help.