How to filp video

daorus

Hi

For a horizontal rotation as per Borate's suggestion....

Place the image on the timeline and click the FX button

Click the down arrow next to the Add Effect tab and select ROTATE.

Slide the red cursor to the left.

Ensure that the value for the horizontal slider is set to 0 (or enter 0 into the box)

Click the centre green cross.

Slide the cursor to the half way point of the clip.

Slide the Horizontal slider to 90 (or enter 90 into the box)

Slide the red cursor to the extreme right (end of clip)

Move the slider along to read 180 (or enter 180 in the box.

Click the Apply button

When played, your image will now flip over by rotating on a vertical axis.

If you want the image to rotate in the opposite direction the values for the horizontal slider are:

360 at the start

90 for mid position

0 for the end of the clip.

Or you could apply the first settings above and then reverse the clip.

Is this what you were after?

Note: Your image will rotate with a black background. If you want a different background...colour...image..video etc... place your rotating clip on video track 2 with the background image/clip etc. directly under it on video track 1

Nat

Hi

For a horizontal rotation as per Borate's suggestion....

Nat

Nat!

Thank you for your suggestion, but as a resutl all I needed it done with Rotation -> Horizontal 180* and this is a FILP I wanted to get

Rotate tool is extreamly powerfull and can created amazing animation effects, but I looked through its list of presets and didn't find Filp Vertical and Flip Horizontal and I thought that rotate tool will not help me to make flip

And now I understand that helps and it is very powerfull.

Thank you so much!

Add effect -> Load Plugin -> Add ffvdub.vfd ( from ... \K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\ffdshow\ or ffdshow install ) /

Add effect -> ffvdub -> Configure -> (uncheck all except) -> Offset & Flip -> [ ] Flip / [x] Mirror .

Sometimes after changes you have to delete the effect and add it again .

I observed some loss of quality but flip is done .

Add effect -> Load Plugin -> Add ffvdub.vfd ( from ... \K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\ffdshow\ or ffdshow install ) /

Add effect -> ffvdub -> Configure -> (uncheck all except) -> Offset & Flip -> [ ] Flip / [x] Mirror .

Sometimes after changes you have to delete the effect and add it again .

I observed some loss of quality but flip is done .

Thank you for tip, but this is completly unnessesary, because out-of-the-box Rotate -> Horizontal 180* does this job 100%!!

PS. By the way, if you are familiar with 3rd party pligins, may be you could suggest some plugin for color correction to make video look like movie??

see my topics:

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/22194-color-preset-filters/

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/22236-color-grading-tool-of-my-dream/

....Thank you for tip, but this is completly unnessesary, because out-of-the-box Rotate -> Horizontal 180* does this job 100%!!

PS. By the way, if you are familiar with 3rd party pligins, may be you could suggest some plugin for color correction to make video look like movie??

yeap ... you're right .

I use VP just for fast basic editing (mostly because I cannot have the descent transitions I want ) .