MixPad can't start playing - [Help]

Brayden

Hello, I've been using MixPad for a few months now with out any problems, but just today when I opened up my project it wouldn't let me play it for an unknown reason...

The message that popped up was ''MixPad can't start playing, please check if your device can only be used by other applications exclusively''

I tried un-installing and re-installing the program, but it still gave me the same error message! :angry: I tried goggling the problem and nothing came up, but this old thread: http://nch.invisionz...xpad-wont-play/

Also I checked my sound hardware and made sure it was connected to MixPad. Any help or input is greatly appreciated! :rolleyes:

Thanks, Brayden

- pic of the error message

• 3 months later...

Hello Brayden, I may be able to help.

I experienced the same problem about ten minutes ago, experienced the same frustration over the lack of help in forums, and fixed it myself. Here's how (this should solve your problem):

NOTE: I performed this fix on Windows 8.1, and cannot guarantee that the same exact method can be used on a Mac or older Windows OS, but the same general process should work.

I'm assuming you have the latest version of Mixpad, and you stated that you already reinstalled it, but there's always a chance the program could have corrupted, so installing a fresh version directly from the site is always a good first idea. If that doesn't work:

Open your "Speakers Properties" window for your preferred audio device. If you're using Window 8.1 like I am, click the small speaker button at the bottom right of the screen, and the speaker image at the top of the small Volume Window that will appear. If you're using a different version of Windows, you may have to use a different method (just Google how). In Speakers Properties, click the "Advanced" tab, and uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device", then click "Apply" and close the window. In my case, this did not automatically fix my issue, but restarting my computer afterwards did (my computer also installed a small update while restarting, and I am unaware if that affected Mixpad or not).

Hope this helped, and good luck in all your future Mixpad endeavors!