Any Way to Delete Individual Frames?

Carl L.

Hey,

Sometimes my videos suffer from "micro-stuttering" and was wondering if there was any way while going through a video frame-by-frame to delete those stuttering frames. As far as I can tell the only way to edit videos is through segments where you pick a start and end point but maybe I'm missing something. Thanks for any help or clarification offered.

Hi

I am not quite sure what you mean by "micro stuttering" but to delete a SINGLE frame in a video..

Step the sequence red line cursor along to the point or frame before the deletion point and then click the split button. (looks like a couple of inverted batteries under the sequence preview pane)

Now step along ONE FRAME using the NEXT FRAME ( >) button under the sequence preview pane and split the sequence one again.

Zoom in to see the two split lines using the mouse wheel. Right click the section between them (turns blue) and delete it from the menu options.

Right click the gap produced and select "Close Gap in Track" from the menu options. Alternatively you can grab the right hand section and drag it back.

Just noticed that "Close Gap in Track" is not working in versions 3.60 and 3.61 so you will have to pull (drag)the right hand clip to the left to join them up.

Nat