Add VOB clip as video

eejake52

That hints that VPs is not seeing the required codec.

Consider installing the FREE, K-Lite codec pak. Although it's overkill, it may do the job, and can be uninstalled. The BASIC version handles TS files...

http://www.codecguid...download_kl.htm

You will see that the STANDARD version includes MPC-HC (Media Player Classic Home Cinema). That's an all-purpose FREE media player.

Even if i is installed standalone (without the codec pak) from http://mpc-hc.org/, it may enable VOB in Videopad.

So, two ways to go...to track this down.

Hi

Just explored a DVD. Opened up the VIDEO_TS file and dragged out the VTS_01_1.VOB (232 Mb) and dropped it directly into the media list video bin of VP version 3.60. Waited for rendering and thumbnails and then dragged and dropped it onto the sequence line.

It loaded and played correctly.

Nat

borate, I installed the BASIC codecs you mentioned, and I used the tweak tool to reset and re-register codecs, but there is no change in VP; it still treats the VOB as an audio file. I can play the VOB correctly in Windows Media Player, so I didn't try that other player.

Hi eekjake

You could try converting the VOB file to an .avi format. There is a freeware for this here: www.convertvobtoavi.com

Although the VOB file I mentioned above already plays on VP in the version I have ,it also plays when converted to an mpeg4 avi (which doesn't tell me a lot actually) but there are other output types in the program you could try. It's worth a go at any rate. As for a standalone player I find VLC will generally cope with most formats.

Nat