Bug in V4.94

miky

I bought the software V4.94, on Mac osx, adjusted some preferences, added a couple of 'expense' accounts in the chart of accounts etc.. entered one invoice/payment , added a couple of bank transfers , entered a dozen purchases/payments . It seemed to all work good untill Bank account balances went back to $0 by themselves. It seems the correct transactions are still in the Journal but account transfers are not bossible cause balances are $0 ... assets are $0 .

I thought it could have been a one of glitch , i deleted the whole /Library/....NCH Software .../shared and started all from scratch .

After entering about 10 payments , same thing happened ! So so far it's been hours wasted and no usable accounting software :-( . I have a backup of data after the incident (both times) if support wants to check it out. I like the software , but that issue looks more like a big snake than a bug to me.

Also noticed (before it died on me) ... that bank transfers are not possible on overdrawn accounts , that doesnt seem right, bank accounts have overdrafts etc... looks like it can only be done with manual journal entries.

Michael

Futher to the top post , i decided to start from scartch again and backup between each entry . I got to the end and the balances did not reset !. Since then i tried to enter more purchases (for test purposes), and tried to use exact wording special characters and used options i used before etc... to try to make the problem happen again , but no luck . I will keep using the software making sure i backup after every entry, i know the bug is there waiting for me not to backup , maybe i will be lucky enough to narrow it down to something eventually . My 2 cents ... Osx and v4.94 users , backup data as often as you can .