Transitions render 'orange' and wont show active in video

tiger_01905

Hi, I am new to this product, but get all the basic ideas.

I'm running on an HP Pavillion with Win 8.1

I have installed and registered 'VideoPad Video Editor Profesional Ver.3.54'

I have a simple import 'test' .mov file i'm working with to get the hang of things here.

I am able to split the .mov file and do a quick 'export' to make sure things are working. This exports to a .mpg file just fine.

Now I try to add in any transition to the mix and the transition will not render green. It stays 'orange'? And when i play the movie in the app the transition does not work.

It also does not work when i do an export on the project.

Am I doing something wrong with things, or what seems to be the problem.

Shouldn't the transition pre-render and turn green just like the other movie clips.

Thanks,

Transitions will remain orange, and should be seen straddling the clips to which they are applied (which will interrupt the green line).

Testing here with 3.54 - using a circle wipe from an .mov to a .wmv file - the preview and the export displayed the transition as expected.

Something is not kosher, but what that might be isn't apparent. I suggest a test with a different transition and length.

Which transition are you using? What's the duration?

Maybe you could upload a screen capture video showing the issue or select File -> "Back Up Project Files To Folder", zip this folder and upload it so we can try to reproduce the issue.

Hi guys, sorry for this post.

I figured it out.

I was choosing transitions that did not change the next scene, they were just continuations of the former clip.

Therefore, you could not tell there was a transition, since the transitions are seethrough, in a sense.

Anyway, thanks for your input.

All is well now.

Sincerely,

Maybe you could upload a screen capture video showing the issue or select File -> "Back Up Project Files To Folder", zip this folder and upload it so we can try to reproduce the issue.

Please describe the UPLOAD procedure to be used for this forum.