Saving A Clip to New File

gplea

So, I created In/Out points, but I can't figure out how to copy that clip into a buffer so I can pull out of VP, then bring it up again so I can paste that clip, and edit a little further from there. I also noticed there are some icons missing from what I saw in the tutorial video.

HEP ME

HI

"I can't figure out how to copy that clip into a buffer so I can pull out of VP, then bring it up again so I can paste that clip, and edit a little further from there."

Unless I am mistaken you can't directly do this.

Although you may think you have used the in/out markers to "cut" your clip you have not actually created a new clip...just reference points in the original clip for VP to use. This the equivalent of splitting your whole clip on the sequence line and deleting the unwanted bits only quicker. If you "cut" your clip using the in'out markers in the clip preview screen you can place your "edited" clip onto the sequence using the green down arrow. Only the section you selected will be visible...the bit with the green bar that is shown in the clip preview screen...However, all the clip will still be there as you will see if you use the mouse to drag the ends of the sequence line clip out to the right or left.

If you want to save your "edited" segment to use later independently of VP you will have to save it to your PC using the Export Video tab and you can put this in any folder you want.

As an alternative you could also save your segment as a sequence within VP. VP will place it into the sequence bin and you could load it back like any clip for further editing. If you save your project it will always be available. As a sequence It will now behave as a single clip in this case and you won't be able to pull out the ends.

Nat

You could set IN/OUT marks, then use the green arrow to add the modified clip to the END of an existing video track.

From there it can be moved to other tracks, moved on the same track, right-click|COPIED, etc.

Different versions of VP have different capabilities, and thus different icons, but the above should hold true for most of the recent incarnations.