Payment on invoice - correction

dmokaren

I was applying a partial payment to an invoice and somehow marked the invoice as fully paid. I can't figure out how to undo the full payment to be able to apply the partial. I know there's some way to undo, but I can't seem to find it.

TIA, for any help!

Thanks.

How do I correct an incorrect customer payment entry?

You can either delete an incorrect payment entry or edit it from the Payments window.

1. From the View menu, select Payments
  2. Select the incorrect payment
  3. Click the Delete or Edit button on the toolbar.
    • If you edit the payment, enter the correct information, then click the Record button
    • If you delete the payment, create a new payment with the correct information

[*]Close the Payments window

• 7 months later...

I'm adding onto this thread, because I had the same problem. I deleted the 2 partial payments (one of which was incorrect), but now the invoice says it's paid and won't let me re-enter a payment. I've tried recalculating customer balances, but it still doesn't affect the "Paid" flag.

• 1 year later...

I applied the payment to incorrect invoice, I wanted to undo this but I was not sure where to do it, so I went to journal, selected the records and deleted it. Customer statement still shows the payment there , several duplicates actually , how to correct this , any idea?

thx!