Sign in to follow this  
bodell

Can I monitor my recording?

...and I have joined this forum as I have the same problem too. What Im worried about, is that it may only be available on the full edition and not the Home Edition which I bought. This wouldnt worry me too much if I could just pay for the upgrade-but from what I can tell, I have to buy the whole program again. I do have a theory though, that if I use my MBox-that will supply me with a monitoring system. I hope that isnt the answer as I wanted MixPad as a quick , suitable replacement for my digital Portastudio. Ideas anyone?

Damn, hoped I'd find a solution. I'm having the same problem. I have audio when in playback but not when I'm recording. I hope its not a problem with the home version because that would make it totally unusable even for home! I have a stupid double headphone setup I'm using right now, earbuds with full ear studio headphones on top. LOL

Damn, hoped I'd find a solution. I'm having the same problem. I have audio when in playback but not when I'm recording. Is this just the way this software works....or rather doesnt. Surely not!

Yes you can! Plug your headphones into your mixer's headphone jack. then plug your computer audio out(headphone jack) into the mixer's input with RCA cables. Plug the audio out from your audio interface into one of the mixer's input. Then of course you want to turn your speakers down or off and record with your headphones only to avoid feedback. B)

Like others that have posted, I cannot hear audio while recording, but I can hear it when playing back.

My sound card does not have a hardware mixer, but from what I have read, Vista can emulate loopback recording. Does your Mixpad software allow me to use the loopback recording feature of Vista so that I can hear sound while recording? If so, any special instructions for getting it to work?

"Starting from Windows Vista and 7 new sound API model was introduced. There is no stereo mix or mono mix. Instead every playback device can be opened in loopback recording mode, so you can record what you hear from your speakers, headphones, digital output etc. Even if your audio card does not support it, Windows will emulate this functionality."