The "Black Flash" is back again

Nationalsolo

Hi

Using version 3.36, I placed a clip on the sequence line and then split it. No problem it played across the split OK

A second split a little further along also played OK.

I then changed the speed of the middle bit to 150% and closed the gap. There is now a black flash visible between the end of the middle "fast" bit and the start of the last section.

It's connected with changing the speed as simply removing the middle section and closing the gap played OK.

The "black flash" is visible in the exported video although when stepping through the preview across the join there was no black frame.

Anybody want to confirm this?

Nat

• 5 years later...
On 4/27/2014 at 1:36 AM, borate said:

Yup. Also seen intermittently on preview. Add a 10fr crossfade at the juncture, and the flash should be gone.

Hi, sorry for bothering you, would you mind explaining how exactly adding a 10fr crossfade works as I'm having the same problem. 

For a crossfade, FROM clip fades down while TO clip fades up.

10 frames is probably too short.  Try a longer transition.  Also update to the latest version if possible, per the earlier posting.

This is a very old thread.  Best to start a new one with a descriptive subject and specific details in the body message.