Uninstalling killed my sound drivers.... now i am without sound...

force83x

Hi,

I had the Debut software and had an issue with having to select the spot on the screen i wanted to record always popping up, so i uninstalled it.

I reinstalled the program, and it asked me to reboot so I did, and I come back on and all my sound drivers are disabled, and it gives me "registry is corrupt" "error 19"

at first i thought it was the program but i did some searching (system restore wont work, uninstalling drivers and rebooting doesnt work.........etc) and found nothing........ except issues with people having this SAME exact issue from "NCHsoftware" products. they post some results that have worked for them... i have tried them and NONE of them work.

Now i come here in hopes to have the devs fix what they broke, or perhaps a user who has had this same issue to help me.

I am using W7 64 bit OS

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this happened to me too. I uninstalled the trial software cuz it wasn't working. I now have no sound drivers and no audio devices. Did a system restore and that fixed nothing. Fantastic software. /sarcasm

Edit: Tried two more failed system restores. Finally did it again from safe mode and it worked this time. So, force83x, please try doing a system restore from Safe Mode and hopefully that'll work for you. Very disappointing that simply uninstalling a software could wreak such havoc.

I would love to hear from the devs about how to avoid this problem in the future or fix it once it occurs without having to resort to a system restore. There will be some people who have the software installed for months or even years and can't simply do a system restore to before the software was installed in order to resolve the sound issues. I would actually like to use this software, as it seems one of the best out there, but I'm understandably leery at this point because I don't want to lose all my sound capabilities a year from now if I uninstall it and be SOL.

post-65688-0-67841800-1398509025_thumb.png

• 4 years later...

Wow - 4 years and still no answer from NCH? Do they not read or monitor these forums? I just had the same issue and I want a damn answer. I've tried all the troubleshooting available from Microsoft and HP and still no luck. I know it's connected to this Debut software because my audio was working this morning, then a pop-up notified me that my trial was up so I decided to uninstall it. It apparently took my audio with it. The timing was too perfect for it to be a coincidence. I receive the same error as force83x noted in their comment on 4/17/2014;  my computer also seems to think I have no audio devices connected. Someone please help?!

Hi,

Debut won´t take out or damage system drivers, this usually occurs when the board cannot properly update system drivers or when there is a conflict in between these two...

For this matter you can go to Device Manager → Sound Video and game controllers → right click the board controller and select to Update. If the issue persist Disable and Enable the controller, restart your system and confirm. 

Regards,