Mp4 files burnt to d.v.d. don't play

dmb06851

I'm using Express Burn Plus 4.54.

I first burnt two mp4 files to a d,v,d, some months ago, and it plays back ok in VLC player.

I have just burnt the same files to a new d.v.d. but it doesn't play.

Both d.v.ds are Verbatim, they're d.v.d.-r, and both from the same pack.

I opened both to examine the files actually on the discs and found that they're different.

On the good one they are:

AUDIO TS folder empty

VIDEO TS folder:

VIDEO TS.BUP

VIDEO TS.IFO

VTS 01 0.BUP

VTS 01 0.IFO

VTS 01 1.VOB

VTS 01 2.VOB

VTS 01 3.VOB

VTS 01 4.VOB

VTS 01 5.VOB

and on the bad one:

AUDIO TS folder empty

VIDEO TS folder:

VIDEO TS.BUP

VIDEO TS.IFO

VTS 01 0.BUP

VTS 01 0.IFO

VTS 01 1.VOB

VTS 02 0.BUP

VTS 02 0.IFO

VTS 02 1.VOB

What accounts for this difference? Have I done something wrong? I can't rememebr doing anything different when I burnt the first disc, and the procedure is very simple.

• 1 month later...

not much help for NCH. I've been looking but I think they only want to help if you pay. It shouldn't be too complicated to burn a dvd. I have a dvd movie I compressed using NCH and then the burner decompressed the file and after several hours said the file was too large. An expensive lesson but I won't be buying any more NCH

Thank you jeffreyh.

I have had generally acceptable results with NCH software but they have what I consider to be an unusual approach to customer care and the cultivation of their loyalty.

We have been in communication about the problem I encountered, but I am not satisfied.

Their solution was to burn an ISO image of the files and then burn a new disc from that. While that may achieve the end result, it doesn't answer the question regarding the failure of the procedure in the program's user manual to achieve those results. A procedure which I had previously followed with success.

Is it, I wonder, don't know or don't care? Can't think of any other reason.

• 4 years later...