Error msg: "Major deviation detected from system clock": recording suspended during that time

DebutVideoCaptureUser1234

When debut version 1.88, Windows 7, 32-bit, is set to continuously record, say for 1 hour, save 1-hour recording and automatically keep (continue) recording to new file, in infinite loop, sometimes error message (dialog window) appears: "Major deviation detected from system clock" and the choice is presented to the user "Use system clock, or No". But the problem is that from the time that pop-up appears the recording is stopped in the background and nothing is being recorded while the dialog window is waiting for user's response on how to handle the "major deviation". Only when User clicks "Yes" or "No", Debut saves the previously recorded video and starts recording new video (I can see the brand new video file instantiated at that time, in Explorer).

This is a bug: the recording should continue in background, for example the Options should have this question: Options: "in case of Major Deviation from system clock, what do you want us to do: use System clock or not?"

• 8 months later...

When debut version 1.88, Windows 7, 32-bit, is set to continuously record, say for 1 hour, save 1-hour recording and automatically keep (continue) recording to new file, in infinite loop, sometimes error message (dialog window) appears: "Major deviation detected from system clock"

I screen-capture by that method but have never seen that error. What I do get is crashes caused by Debut drivers.

• 4 years later...