VAT on purchase invoices

susie8

Hi,

I have run Express invoice for a couple of years and have been very pleased. I have just download Express Accounts but I do have one problem. When I enter a purchase invoice 'to be paid at a later date' I have to make two entries one for goods and one for VAT the software is not automatically splitting them, however, if I enter a purchase invoice 'paid on receipt' a drop down box is there to make a choise of VAT rates. Why does this not happen with the 'to be paid later' purchases?

Grateful for any help.

Many thanks,

Susie

I found this problem when upgrading to the latest version 4.80 the " enter a bill to be paid later" has no VAT column as you say, however it did in v 4.71 - But there was a bug in the software in which the calculated VAT amount was consistently a penny out and the final total would not balance and therefore could not be completed without adding a journal entry of one penny to VAT paid, perhaps this is why we are now made to do the whole purchases as two manual journal entries. You can however create a new purchase order which will automatically calculate net gross and VAT and then enter the supplier in the " enter a bill to be paid later" this will fill it in correctly. It is a long winded operation especially if entering lots of payments, I wish it could be improved.