Statement address position

robtheone

I am currently using Express Accounts version 4.8 (the newest so far) and find that the customers name and address in the statement print out is far too near my (suppliers) address, this makes it difficult to position the statement in a window envelope without part of my address, or the top section of the statement showing. This distance is adjustable in the invoice layout but not in the statement layout, has anyone found a solution to this problem? In earlier versions of EA the distance between the two addresses was much greater and worked fine in a window envelope.

We'll look into see if something changed in this recent version that puts the two addresses so close together. As a temporary fix you can add blank lines to the Contact details field in Options. This is in the Options->Company->Contact Details.

We'll look into see if something changed in this recent version that puts the two addresses so close together. As a temporary fix you can add blank lines to the Contact details field in Options. This is in the Options->Company->Contact Details.

Do this and it moves the address around "To and Ship To address" on the invoice as well

You could set the statements and other forms to use the setting from the header of the invoice

Yes adding 2 blank lines does indeed move the two addresses further apart, but as Tony says the positions of the addresses in the invoice change as well, in my case the "ship to" address was overlapping the customer PO field, however changing the header distance in the invoice layout (window envelope) fixed this problem. I also found that adding 2 blank lines under each customers address in each customer record, puts more space between the customer address and the body of the statement, so the statement top does not appear in the window area of the envelope. So I think (hope) the problem is fixed. Thank you both very much for your prompt advice.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I am having the problem that when I view my statements, I have 3 of my logos scattered all over the top section of my statement. How do I fix or delete this. Middle and bottom of the statement is correct.