Web Access

BrianD20967

I am confused about how Web Access works. From the video I watched, it appears that Web access is exactly what I need to be able to access my Express accounts from my laptop when I travel. I have my company set up in express accounts at the office and I have Express accounts installed on my laptop and I followed the instructions to a T but when I try to access the Company from my laptop all it will allow me to access is the temporary company I have on my laptop. I guess I don't understand what is wrong. I set up the user account like it said to with my e-mail address and passwords, gave myself administrator privileges and my company is listen under the ORGANIZATIONS box and is checked. When I click the web access tab I have allow access on the local network as well as the Internet (Cloud access) The status is GREEN and says network is configured properly. I have this set up on BOTH the office computer and the LAPTOP but when I press the Web Access Button on the main screen I am taken to a web page that only allows me to see the company on that computer. Example: The office computer allows access to ONLY my company and the Laptop allows access to ONLY the temporary company on my laptop and I can not see my company from my laptop and it will not allow me to "Change Profiles" because the only profile that shows is the one on that computer. In other words clicking Web access on the laptop allows access to the temp company ON THE LAPTOP and clicking web access on the office computer allows access to my company ON THE OFFICE COMPUTER. I do not need to access My company thru web access on my OFFICE computer I need to access it from my laptop...Can anyone HELP Me Please???

Guest N C H_TM

Our Express Accounts support team will be able to help you get this figured out. Please contact them at http://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=ExpressAccounts

Express Accounts should only be installed in one location -- your office computer for example. That computer needs to be running, and Express Accounts must be running on the computer [in the background at minimum - from the top menu click Accounts > Exit (Close to Tray) and that will let it run in the background.] Then from your laptop, open a web browser and navigate to the IP address that is set up in your Cloud Access. This should allow you to access the version of Express Accounts that is installed on your office computer.

As I say, your best bet will be to contact the support team at the link above and they can give you more specific instructions.