Odd problem adding a payment

phiblack

Hi there,

I am trouble adding a receipt into the payment section and get a problem:

Receipt shows:

Payment amount $74.30 (price includes GST)

GST on amount $6.75

However if I enter $74.30 it automatically shows the pre GST amount as $67.55 ($74.30 - $6.75 which is correct) - but then shows the GST amount at the bottom as $6.76!

Which means the amount is out of balance by $0.01 and won't record.

So far the only way around this is to make the purchase amount $74.31 (but then my balance is still out by one cent).

Any ideas????

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

I'd asked the same question in August, but it seems me and you must be the only ones that have the issue as there were no replies, though the latest version may have addressed this but I've not entered new data in the accounts software since August as at the moment I cant trust it, or maybe I cant trust myself using it. Seems I can design electronic control systems for Hybrid buses, but cant get to grips with Express Accounts.

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/20139-what-is-it-doing/

Flockel,

This is the reply I got from them eventually:

Hello and thank you for contacting NCH Software. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have cause but what the program is doing is that it rounds up the 0.55 to 0.60 and that is why it shows 6.76 as the GST instead of 6.75. If the total price of the item is 67.50 then the GST will be applied as 6.75.

I have reported this issue to our developers and they will check on this and determine if that can be changed and will notify you by e-mail at the moment there is an update on this case.

Phil

Thanks for that Phil. I guess you havnt heard anything yet.

I've not entered any data over the past 3 month as I've still some issues with the way the journal displays data as per my link in my last pots in this thread. Dont know what I'm doing wrong, but I've now reloaded the application and started over again with the latest but one (4.79, I see there is a 4.8 and yet again chargeable, come on people). Still cant see any supplier in the journal when creating a report or juts viewing.

I take it you can see the supplier in your journal reports Phil.

If I cant resolve the issue this week we are going to buy a new package for the accounts and Express Accounts looked good a year ago, but now its very trying in trying to get it to supposedly work.

Phil (Also)