stock manager database

fynearts

Hello ... i have been working my way slowly through inventoria on an as needs basis. That is to say, when i wish to record in a certain way i work it out in inventoria.

my question : in the Inventoria Stock manager database view where you can add new items the database has the following categories:

Item / Description/ Category / Location / Tax/ Cost/ Price/ Quantity/ Measure.

is there any way to change the categories ? for example i want a date in this thing i have set up and dont need the price or measure.

this leads me now to let you know how i am using the program.

first i learned from a member in a previous question that you can create multiple businesses within the program (thank you member!)

so the first business is my inventory for artworks, products, cards etc that will go into my gallery/studio.

the second 'business' i created is to record equipment, consumables, furniture, supplies in the making of product for the gallery.

this way i can isolate bits and pieces purchased against individual products.

the report system is great because i can report on expenditure for each of these categories at any time.

however, for recording purposes it is this second 'business' in inventoria that i need dates to put in so i can track receipts.

at present i am using the 'measure' column as a date column (using months only). it works a treat of course but i like to be able to be more flexible and have control of the program if i can.

is this possible?

many thanks in anticipation ....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello ... i have been working my way slowly through inventoria on an as needs basis. That is to say, when i wish to record in a certain way i work it out in inventoria.

my question : in the Inventoria Stock manager database view where you can add new items the database has the following categories:

Item / Description/ Category / Location / Tax/ Cost/ Price/ Quantity/ Measure.

is there any way to change the categories ? for example i want a date in this thing i have set up and dont need the price or measure.

this leads me now to let you know how i am using the program.

first i learned from a member in a previous question that you can create multiple businesses within the program (thank you member!)

so the first business is my inventory for artworks, products, cards etc that will go into my gallery/studio.

the second 'business' i created is to record equipment, consumables, furniture, supplies in the making of product for the gallery.

this way i can isolate bits and pieces purchased against individual products.

the report system is great because i can report on expenditure for each of these categories at any time.

however, for recording purposes it is this second 'business' in inventoria that i need dates to put in so i can track receipts.

at present i am using the 'measure' column as a date column (using months only). it works a treat of course but i like to be able to be more flexible and have control of the program if i can.

is this possible?

many thanks in anticipation ....

ok i found the custom labelling under PREFERENCES. but this attaches itself to individual items ... i want flexibility in changing those columns and headings that are on the front end of the program where it shows columns of ITEM, DESCRIPTION, CATEGORY, LOCATION, GST, COST, PRICE, QTY, MEASURE

i want to be able to add columns that are useful to me and/or change those headings in the current columns.

I cant see that it can be done.