Any plans for a version 3.13?

Dougie

Does anyone know what changes are being planned for the next Videopad release? 3.12 was a nice release, but it is still slower then 2.41 was. It is almost perfect as an editor, and would be if the speed (particularly render speed) were improved. One nice addition would be a 'Proxy' feature for easier editing of HD files. Several editors, both pro and 'consumer' level, now have this.

Also improvements to the chroma keyer would be nice, such as a matte setting with black and white level adjustments. Very hard to get a clean key without a matte setting.

Anyway, just wondering what's in the future for Videopad. Thanks!

Hi

Tried that link and, indeed it says it's 3.14 but the setup.exe won't open and run as a splash screen comes up immediately saying that the 14 days trial has ended even though I have never loaded and run it before.

I think this has happened previously when NCH gave the same link. Connor provided another link but what then came up was 3.12.

Nat

I had the same problem yesterday installing 3.14. What is happening is that the 3.14 installer is finding references in the windows registry for earlier VP trial installs that have expired (possibly a 3.12 trial) that VP uninstall doesn't remove, and it's using that data to determine how long the new install has been around. I used Revo Uninstaller (it's free) and searched for "videopad", then deleted whatever it found, then 3.14 installed properly. Note however that if you do this, and have any other versions of VP installed, Revo will probably wipe them out too.

Tried that link and, indeed it says it's 3.14 but the setup.exe won't open and run as a splash screen comes up immediately saying that the 14 days trial has ended even though I have never loaded and run it before.

Nat, you might try bringing up PROGRAMS AND FEATURES in Windows, then click UNinstall for Videopad. That may give the option to revert to the "free" copy...thereafter allowing install of later versions. ??