Error message

serajen

Please can anyone help urgently, I have work that needs to be finished by this evening and have an error message when trying to download a video file into Express Scribe which reads 'extracting audio from video failed'. I use Express Scribe every day and have never encountered this problem before, thanks for any advice.

• 1 year later...

Interesting to see that no one replied. We are currently having the same and exact problem. Anyone ever had this trouble? It would also be interesting to mention that sometimes, only restarting the computer seems to work and settle the problem. But this time, it's not working. We are using the pro version. Any advices?

• 8 months later...

I also get this problem a few times a year for no reason that I can find. The last time I received this message from Tech Support:

<<Some specific video files might face problems during playback unfortunately due to occasional encoder problems that Express Scribe is unable to resolve. If you have a few of these videos, an easy troubleshooting is usually to convert the videos to reencode them. You may use the Prism software trial download for the purpose and continue with Express Scribe again.>>

I am not particularly tech literate, and I don't know anything about what to do with my client's files or their encoding, so I'm left stumped. I've tried changing the file extension but it doesn't make any difference. Would be nice to have an explanation for non-computer experts.