Earle

BAS (Business Activity Statement) Australia

I have just started setting up this 'Express Accounts' application. Being a small business in Australia, I need to lodge a BAS each quarter. If someone has the time to let me know what the options are for generating the data for a BAS I would be very grateful. Thanks.

Yep, would like to know also, at the moment my turnover is under the threshold of $75000 so I don't need to do a BAS but would be good for future use.

Earle, you can still get a copy of the ATO E Record, it will do your bas for you and its free,

I have emailed support and still no reply,

The print out it provides is really inadequate, and being an Australian Company I would of thought this would of been its strong point.................

This would be because I have not purchased the software as I am evaluating it. I will be happy to purchase the software if it can provide a BAS worksheet, to fill out my BAS requirements. Considering I am not the only one asking I would think it should be an open answer.

Thought this might help people here, received the reply from NCH.

BAS reports are not supported by this software, our main customers are in the US and therefore that is the target audience, even though it is an Australian Company

Hi. BAS reporting is in the development work queue and has been for several months, as well as VAT return reporting. The list of additional features queued for future releases of Express Accounts is a long one and I do not know where BAS is prioritized, but I can say it will definitely be there in a future release.

Well, guess I'll wait until BAS reporting is built in then.

NCH, if you get BAS reporting into your software I imagine you'll get massive sales to all the people currently suffering witht MYOB.

In my research of which accounting program to use, not one person (who was not a paid accountant who's company used MYOB) had anything decent to say about it. The latest "cloud" based version is truly horrendous.

They only use it as it does BAS, and would trash it and it's costly "support" as soon as they could.

I'm using Express invoice at the moment, it does all I need as I'm under the $75,000 threshold but don't want to stay that way for too long. Hopefully Express Accounts will do BAS by the time I need it.

We'll have templates available fairly soon that will allow you to enter formulas and calculations, creating tax return templates.I'll post an update here when this functionality is available.