web access login fail

EJS

Hi all,

I am trying to set up web access for EI. I have the free version, as we are a small business. I have configured the router to port forward and when I run the wizard it says it is set up properly.

However, when I try to access it through the web access button, or on another computer through th URL it tells me login failed and to 'check password'

I have checked and rechecked, deleted the user and re-added users, and still get this message.

Any ideas what I am missing here?

* I have used the features in EI including the firewall check and it says its fine.

Hi. So... 1) you turned on web access in EI, set the desired port number, and created a login account and password. 2) You set your internet router for inbound traffic to forward the EI port number that is set in the EI web configuration to the IP address of the computer running EI (e.g. port 96 set to forward all traffic to ip 192.168.1.10 for example if that is the IP of your EI computer and port you set). 3. Your internet IP is hard coded with your ISP? If it is not then your public IP address will change and this will be a problem. For a fee most ISPs will provide you with a static public IP address. 4) From the internet you are entering into a browser your public IP address followed by colon and port number/logon (e.g. 267.64.59.6:96/login in your browser). If this is all setup correctly then you would get a username and password prompt to login to EI. On your internal network you would enter 192.168.1.10:96/logon for example. Also you should know there is a bug in current, recent free versions of our software that will prompt you to buy after certain time periods or certain usage - this is not intended for the free home-use limited versions, it was only intended for the trial full version and commercial use. and was introduced to free versions as a recent bug. It will be several days (possibly a week) before we are able to get this corrected for our free software versions that are available for limited home use only and have the truly free version files available for download.

Well, I am not sure if my IP address is hard coded. I thought it was, and I thought I had this set up correctly, but perhaps I do not. (I am not an IT professional, but I am pretty good at figuring things out. its also a new router, so not as familiar with the settings, since its a FANCY Asus.) I DO get the login prompt, but when I enter the user/password it tells me I have the wrong info and to check the password info. It IS absolutely the correct password.

I will work on it again tomorrow, and look over the port forwarding settings again.

Thanks for the help so far. I will update tomorrow after I check the settings again.

Ok. I do actually know one thing. I do not pay to have a static or fixed IP address. I am not sure why this would prevent the web access for this program from working. We are a small business, and have a home office. Just my husband's business. I am trying to set up web access to he can access EI on the road.

I really need to pay an extra fee just to use this?

Hi. You would only need to get a static IP if you are providing access from the Internet and don't want the URL/IP to ever change. If that is not a concern then I would not worry about it. Without a static public IP the URL your Road Warrior is using may stop working and need to be updated whenever your ISP refreshes your public IP address for any reason through their DHCP system. If this is a concern for you contact their tech support directly and ask them how often your public IP address changes and make your decision from their answer. If you are getting a login prompt from EI then it sounds like you are not having problems with your web access setup, but I am not official tech support and really can't help you any further directly. Go to our technical support and select EI as the product - answer the prompts - you will still be able to enter a support ticket at the end despite the encouragement to purchase the product and review FAQs.