Robert Platt

Account reconciliation

This issue has not been fixed, even after 5 years.  

Windows 10 O/S

Moneyline Plus v. 2.04

FYI - The first month was fine.  The second month did not reconcile properly, so I unchecked/unreconciled ALL transactions, and then reconciled, January and February - worked fine.  March again would not reconcile to the balance shown!! So, I emailed Tech Support.  Answer was: "Thank you for contact NCH Software Support We will be more than glad to assist you today,

The only way to set them as Reconciled, will be to click the "Reconcile Account" option, to mark them as Reconciled, there is no other way, the balance will change... Let us know if you need further assistance,"

I did not ask to change the balance because the balance is correct.  I asked how to mark transactions as reconciled without doing a correcting entry which would screw up the balance!!!

There needs to be a way to mark transactions as "Reconciled" the same way we are able to "Unreconcile".  Simple programming code would do it.   If your programmers cannot do something so simple, give a call to the SplashData / SplashMoney folks - their software has been able to do this for over a decade.

Windows 10

MoneyLine Plus V 2.05

Same issue

Purchased this product.  Doesn't download transactions.  No help from support... spent an hour on the phone with the bank but they have no error messages as the program is not even connecting.  Tried to reconcile but after the first successful attempt that stopped working.  So disappointed. Should have stayed with Quicken.  

same problem here. I've been trying to resolve this since I bought this program, nothing works.  Bank says it's not them, to contact my software provider.

Wow, looks like there is a response by the company about once every couple years on this topic.  Not encouraging.  My wife would simply like to be able to establish the beginning balance for the reconciliation.  As it stands, the software asks for a date, but then it creates a beginning balance - and who knows how it figures that, because it is usually wrong.  We think it's because some transactions take place on that date, but then they actually process through at the same time.  So, are there any company monitors out there that can tell us how to set the beginning balance or how to control how the software chooses the beginning balance so we can modify it?  

Thanks-