Where does MoneyLine save its Data File ?

Galillee

• 2 months later...

Same question for Windows I decided to try this software on my desktop and will soon be migrating to a new pc with Windows 8.

I see a problem I can't find the data file. If they make this software I will make a donation.

Not sure about using this forum to solve any issues as two months after you raised the issue not one reply!

Cheers Bunter

Hi. Unfortunately there is no official technical support on these forums. They are patrolled by NCH staff and answers are often provided when they are known, otherwise please go here for official MoneyLine support - just select the product under technical support and respond to the prompts - you will get to a support ticket form that gets you into the technical support ticket system and you should get a response fairly quickly.

• 2 months later...

I opened a support ticket asking about the ability to move data from one computer to another. Here is what I was told...

Thank you for the description of the situation Wally,

At the time being there is no option to backup data so it can be transferred to another computer using the same
Moneyline
software for security reasons if you would like to see this feature included on newer version of this program you can send your improvement suggestions to our developers by clicking on Help/ Send improvement suggestion or feedback.

Glad to assist you.

Regards,

Marcos

NCH Customer Service Team

Hi. It is a feature that is in the development stage. Cross-platform data integrity is a top priority, and not easy to implement/control for transaction and system states. I am guessing but Q1 2014 for the ability to migrate between platforms is a good possibility. Apologies but I do not know where Mac data files for MoneyLine are located - support could probably help with that...

• 5 years later...

The file seems to be saved in Macintosh HD/ Users/"what ever your user name is"/Library/Application Support/MoneyLine/Shared/moneyline.vdb

I am using Mac OS Mojave  

Only issue I see is that the original file had account types, when replacing with a new file the account types are no longer available....not sure how to get them back...still playing around