Copper and Inventoria together

Arpit Nagar

• 3 weeks later...

Any one from NCH care to comment on the release of this integration feature? I have just started learning Copper and this would be the feature that made me purchase Inventoria and Express Accounts.

Well they are still both the same version numbers, Cooper v1.21 11/19/2012 and Inventoria v3.37 9/28/2012, they have been on the download so I am skeptical of your information and post... Who "told" you this and if the company will not respond to this themselves then this is simply not useful information and sounds like a scam....

and i just downloaded and tried both current posted versions.... no communication what so ever between Copper and Inventoria that I can detect... unless I am missing some setting completely. Which is certainly possible given my total inexperience with both products...

Edit or maybe it is the Windows Version... I am on a Mac and I see no new release for that?

Second Edit... Seems all this company's software is trojan laden. I will pass.... good luck ymmv!

I have my virus scanner pick up on the ASK tool bar and I know a lot of anti-virus software now pick up the ASK tool Bar as it take info from your computer as i what you brows on the net even if you don't use the tool bar to search the net.

I can see the integration on Windows version. I guess, for Mac it's not released yet.

Why do you think they are trojan laden? What anti-virus/malware scanner did you use?

I tried to diligently search the net for opinions of this specific software and NCH in general. I found more than a few references to somewhat malodorous practices but no actual viri involved. i am an Apple certified Tech and Technical Coordinator so I am more than casually knowledgable about the Mac OS and it behaviour.. As I have a MAc I have never owned Anti Virus software so I can not address that. I know they are coming but none so far... a couple of malware and trojans out there but no vidi so far.

The most annoying thing I have found so far on the Mac side is everytime I quit Copper it opens a web page on its own. Just simply annoying.

I revised my opinion after receiving a very through reply to a question I had from NCH Tech Support even though I had NOT purchased a program or support... It was enough to make me buy Inventoria and Express Accounts and I will start using Copper as my POS soon...

Really looking forward to more integration between all three of these...

• 5 months later...

I can see the integration on Windows version. I guess, for Mac it's not released yet.

Why do you think they are trojan laden? What anti-virus/malware scanner did you use?

can you tell me how to integrate COPPER AND INVENTORIA software together?

really need to figure out how those 2 software integration togethe because if it works, i will purchase it!

Guest N C H_TM

can you tell me how to integrate COPPER AND INVENTORIA software together?

really need to figure out how those 2 software integration togethe because if it works, i will purchase it!

(1) Open Inventoria.

(2) Options -> Other -> Advanced Settings...

(3) Check "Allow Express Invoice, Express Accounts, or Copper to synchronize with Inventoria.

(4) Enter a number or password that is hard for others to guess and click OK. Sometimes I use 123456 for testing, but I'm sure you can be more creative than that.

Leave Inventoria running.

(5) Open Copper and log on.

(6) Options -> Sync Apps.

(7) Select "Synchronize this installation of Copper as a client of Inventoria or Copper.

(8) Enter your code again here.

(9) Enter the IP address. Enter 127.0.0.1 if Copper and Inventoria are running on the same machine. (Otherwise, you may need to go back to the other machine and visit www.whatsmyip.org or use another approach to see the IP address of that machine.) Normally, just enter 127.0.0.1.

(10) Enter the port number, which is 1097 for Inventoria.

(11) Click "Retrieve Locations". Then select a location from the drop-down. If you haven't changed the defaults in Inventoria, it will be "Main Warehouse".

(12) Click "Update now" to make sure it works.

(13) Click OK.

From now on, Copper should update the Inventoria stock counts whenever you sell an item.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...

2019 visiting this looking for the solution of these "quan" things and it seems still dead end.. I experiencing this problem since i input the item that are not exist in inventoria.. since that the quan message always appear and cooper wont sync again with inventoria..

First i do backup all the copper data, then I try to re install copper and start over agaIn and re sync with inventoria then the problem are solved.. But the transaction data are lost. So i try to restore the from the backup data, the transaction are exist but the quan message appear again. 

SO MY TIPS IS

- do the backup on daily basis (if the backup is conducted after the "quan" happen it will be waste)

- whenever the quan message is appear, reinstall copper and restore the backup data and resync to the inventoria. But the backup data should be conducted before the "quan" appear.