FastFox expansion issue

andjut12

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is how FastFox functions. Normally, in other expanders, when whitespace or punctuation is entered, it expands the shortcut, then appends the expansion with the whitespace or punctuation character typed. So, for example, "eod." should expand to "end of day." but in FastFox, "eod." expands to "end of day" without the '.' at the end, so you would have to type "eod.." in order to get the punctuation at the end, or if you want a space after the expansion, you would have to type the space twice.

Is there a way to make this work "correctly" or is this how fastfox works?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That is CRAP! If you have to enter an addtional keystroke then FastFox isn't really doing it's job. Wish I'd know it would slow me down like this BEFORE I paid for it today. AutoHotKey never gave me the issues I've had with FF. This is only one of SEVERAL. I've gotten nothing done since installing this software. So pissed.

Guest N C H_TM

shon, we're sorry to hear that you're unsatisfied with FastFox. As noted above, this bug will be fixed in a future release.

NCH Software offers a no-nonsense 30-day money back policy. If you are unhappy with your software for any reason within 30 days from purchase, please contact us at http://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=FastFox for a full money back refund.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have an issue when inserting Rich Text that is in italics. I'm entering a booklet name which is inserted correctly when I type the shortcut and it shows up in italics. Perfect! However, any text I enter afterwards is also in italics. Is there a way to create the shortcut so that only the booklet name is in italics and not everything I type following it?

• 4 months later...