brianslev

Cannot Save Without Silence at Start & End of Recording

I have WavePad 4.5 (full pad version) installed on my Apple MacBook Pro running Max OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). I've been using a combination of WavePad and iTunes to create custom ringtones for my iPhone 4S and have run into something strange.

The problem:

In WavePad, I'll edit a selection down to exactly what I want for the ringtone, save the file as an MP3... and when I re-open the file in ANY player, WavePad will have added a very short block of silence at the beginning of the file and a longer block of silence at the end. I can go back into WavePad and either manually re-edit the silences out of the file or use the "Trim" commands, but as soon as I save the file (even under a different name), WavePad attaches the same silent stretches at the beginning & end of the file. These stretches of silence 'break" the seamless looping of the ringtone.

Is it something I'm doing/not doing? Is it a limitation of the software? Is it something I'm simply not thinking of? Inquiring minds want to know! (Thanks in advance for help & advice...!)