Plays files out of order

george_costanza

Hello,

WHen I split my audio files on my laptop they are in order for the most part. But when I play the in my vehicle on my JVC stereo via usb or cd, they never play in order, or I guess when they are copied from laptop to usb or cd they always are out of order.

Any ideas please?

Hello,

When you move the files around, they are likely put in alpha/numeric order based on the file name. I would try renaming the files in a way to ensure they play in the order you want, such as 1 - title, 2 - title, etc.

AltoUSA

• 10 months later...

Your files are being played out of sequence because Slice doesn't appear to add a track number to the properties of each new file. I have found I have had to manually add a track number via Windows Media Player or similar. They are ordered correctly on your computer because Windows orders by file name, not by file properties, while MP3 players and iPods order by track number.

If any Slice tech people read this, it would be really useful if it could easily add incremental track numbers to the sliced tracks, like other file splitter software does.