Is there any way I can download version 2.4.1?

Taylor

I don't think version 3 suits me, as there is no zoom or overlay effects. Is there anyway, I can download 2.41?

3.0x has both. To overlay, simply drag the overlay text or image to the track above the video that will be its background. If the video is on track 1, then the overlay normally would be on track 2.

Click the * star at the left bottom of a clip on the timeline to open the effects window. Note the motion sliders at the bottom. The "scale" adjustment affects size.

Use it in conjunction with crop, which can be accessed by clicking the small arrow to the right of "auto levels" near the top of the effects window...

A drop-down box appears, and one of the many effect choices is CROP. Select it, then click ADD.

Experiment. You'll soon get the idea. 2.41 is available here.

• 2 weeks later...

3.0x has both. To overlay, simply drag the overlay text or image to the track above the video that will be its background. If the video is on track 1, then the overlay normally would be on track 2.

Click the * star at the left bottom of a clip on the timeline to open the effects window. Note the motion sliders at the bottom. The "scale" adjustment affects size.

Use it in conjunction with crop, which can be accessed by clicking the small arrow to the right of "auto levels" near the top of the effects window...

A drop-down box appears, and one of the many effect choices is CROP. Select it, then click ADD.

Experiment. You'll soon get the idea. 2.41 is available here.

I want my VideoPad to look like this:

videopad01.png

When I downloaded it, my screen looked like this:

videopad_video_editor-509695-13590952390.jpeg

I'm trying to figure out how to make my screen look like the former, and I thought that is what 2.41 was. I apologize for the inconvenience if it is not. Is there a noncommercial free download of VideoPad that uses the same layout as the first image?

Thank you.

I'm trying to figure out how to make my screen look like the former, and I thought that is what 2.41 was.

3.0x looks like your second image. 2.4x is the first. If that's the version you want click the link in my post, above.

3.0x looks like your second image. 2.4x is the first. If that's the version you want click the link in my post, above.

OK, it works but it says I need to buy it. Can I get a noncommercial version of 2.41 like the version I had before I bought another computer?

Thank you.

Did you try NCH VidePad's website? They offer a non-commercial version for free. I believe it is version 2.4.1

Go here and look at the second paragraph where it says "Get it free" and click on the link.

http://www.nchsoftwa...opad/index.html

You should try and stay with the latest version 3.02. It is way more powerful and makes more sense once you become familiar with the new interface. The new text attributes in version 3.02 now offers a specific font size instead of the sliderbar in version 2.4.1. That is a big improvement among other things. If your doing a lot of video editing, version 3.02 makes more sense!

I have read other posts that point to the fact that there are some inconveniences and/or issues with ver. 3.02 that are beyond my understanding and level of experience. These issues will be fixed eventually. I like the interface a lot better than ver. 2.4.1. That's all.

Did you try NCH VidePad's website? They offer a non-commercial version for free. I believe it is version 2.4.1

Go here and look at the second paragraph where it says "Get it free" and click on the link.

http://www.nchsoftwa...opad/index.html

You should try a stay with the latest version 3.02. It is way more powerful and makes more sense once you become familiar with the new interface. The new text attributes in version 3.02 now offers a specific font size instead of the slider bar in version 2.4.1. That is a big improvement among other things. If your doing a lot of video editing, version 3.02 makes more sense! That's all.

I guess you have persuaded me. Is there any page I can find that will help me with the zoom effect?

I just downloded version 3.0.2 today and spent about 4 solid hours on it experimenting and learning the interface. It all made sense surprisingly fast! I did not experiment with the zoom effect today. Didn't get that far yet.

Try some of these helpful links for other future how-to's

!http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/faq.html

http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/support.html

http://nchsoftware.blogspot.com/2011/07/videopad-video-editing-tips-tricks.html

What I usually do is just create a "test" project and learn the interface, experiment with the zoom, effects, transitions and overlays etc.That's the quickest way to learn. Worked for me plus the help provided on this forum.

Hi Taylor

Upon further investigation, I discovered that the free non-commercial version that VideoPad offers at the link I mentioned earlier is version 3.02 and not version 2.41.

Yes, that's why I am attempting to figure out how to use it.

Hi

With regards versions. If you previously were using 2.41 and then loaded version3.02 but decided to remove it, you were presented with a window asking if you wanted to revert to the previous version. I don't know if this works though if your original download was opened from the download site instead of Saved...

IMHO it's better to save the vpset.exe file that you download at the start using the "Save" option rather than the "Open" option as you can then easily swap between versions if you are not happy with the later one by deleting all the relevant NCH folders and re-running the .exe file. of the version you want. Unfortunately all the download sites seem to have updated to VP3.02.

This does have enhanced features though and in some ways I like it better. However if you are editing/creating a longish video and not just making short tests, you will find it rapidy stutters to a stop as the hundreds of cache files that have been created are updated and new ones made. The earlier version didn't suffer from this problem particularly.

Nat

• 2 weeks later...

It isn't noncommercial. It's telling me that my 14-day trial is up.

You should be able to continue, with slightly impaired VP usability: only AVI, ASF and WMV will be available during export.

Control Panel|PROGRAMS AND FEATURES. Right-click on the VP entry and see if it doesn't offer the free downgrade.