Why hasn't technical support commented on the "building preview" issue?

jonesri

With the later releases - post 2.4? - a major issue was introduced in the software, the constant "building preview" on the sequence window. Without the sequence window, it makes it virtually impossible to accurately edit video clips.

My question to technical support is, Is the problem being addressed and worked on, and what, if anything is a work-around till it is fixed?

RJ

With the later releases - post 2.4? - a major issue was introduced in the software, the constant "building preview" on the sequence window. Without the sequence window, it makes it virtually impossible to accurately edit video clips.

My question to technical support is, Is the problem being addressed and worked on, and what, if anything is a work-around till it is fixed?

Though tech support/programmers may lurk here, there rarely participate. As the "sticky" post at the top of the forum states...

"This forum is NOT to be used as your primary means of contacting NCH. If you want to get in touch with us, please do so through our tech support and FAQ pages."

Scanning this forum, there appears to be at least three serious, oft-cited issues with the 3.x series: 1) bad transitions, 2) inability to burn DVDs 3) the problem that you mentioned.

Pardon a possibly stupid quastion, but what is WIN-EN and when can we expect that release?

So should we also expect any new release of VideoPad to work on earlier windows OS's (like Win 7)? I'm a little confused why NCH would wait for a new Windows to fix present VideoPad problems. Not trying to argue here but....well, yes, I guess I am. I'm sure there are others here who don't really want to buy a new Windows release just to get a working Videopad..

My take on the reply is to expect a VP update for Windows platforms (Vista, 7, 8) in the near future - perhaps this month.

Correct. Vista, 7, 8. Most who have purchased the latest version are still eligible for free upgrade. If you can't upgrade for some reason then lodge a support ticket (if you have purchased) through the support wizard on our main web page - that is our hourly monitored support ticket channel - this is not. Upgrade policy is 3 months but exceptions can be made on a case by case basis.

• 3 weeks later...