Express Scribe ver 5.56 Speech to Text error Invalid profile for user 0

Max Headroom

Hello All,

1. Trying to enable speech to text function in Express Scribe ver 5.56. Windows voice recognition is installed and works correctly.

2. Under Express Scribe Options > Speech to Text tab > checked box Enable speech recognition

User-specific profiles > Add > User ID 0, Profile "Default Speech Profile" > OK

User ID is populated with 0, Profile is blank

Click OK > popup balloon saying Invalid profile for user 0

3. See screen print at http://screencast.com/t/VO9o9LA1F7C

4. Express Scribe uninstalled. Computer restarted. Express Scribe re-installed. Same error.

Computer: Windows 7, 16Gb RAM, i7 processor

Thanks in advance for your help!

Max

• 3 weeks later...

I've a somewhat similar problem with speech to text using Microsoft engine. I load and play a 1 hour mp3 audio file. Afterwards I get a large text file which has absolutely nothing to do with the audio file content. All spelled correctly, no punctuation as expected but more like a string of random words. Anyone run into this before? Have I missed a setting? I used MS speech recognition with default profile since there's more than one speaker. Here's an example of the output:

All of the john Miller as Turkish Jan bell and are welcomed and bank you very much intact as of October you're out here that are in the cruise line and that they all all the Dunbar you do that all great you have a budget and you're ill click the Ira at the current and the margarine a cure for the year for the event margarine and luckily after library, meet the slide is one I hope that at the one that all together a one and is only one that it at that at the one and only map that acting like lying roger Mason and a lot here on lying on my tone of the Wilshire and an outline that London and I'm not an evil be your cocoa lucky to emulate why do I not just eat it all to a hardware and letter made a lot of Baggio land and that your welfare plan him that they'll I dale Reagan mining and data at the good morning better but you're all wound but entered your legit planning and odd that he had read a deadly weapon date that you a damaged a bru the deal late and ink that about a dig at my little doubt was lagging from getting to get a call john bill hemmer Jan I'm Larry you'll jamboree when I I'd ask about that what began a heady letdown of me at the at me at the door DB A.J. the mechanical into a corporate name OK to let all the one in the same after all a great that you up on your that Michael walling with a legal Michael I'm baguette erring at Ikea rely on all the moving all bailing out bob Laughlin and the people left them alone had not yet signed an on cattle or the Yardley the giant shortly but what we will have to ban up greater and out onto the giant shortly to plant about undergoing just call and we can and will have backed down and what she later that he has done and Lange welcome to hell and back a lot to the tentative contract of CDs Korean shares in a cul De all I did start requiring a full battle has online and like to make sure that and able to have the stores to body may be catching on an error or but that that might have been written down during the time to a Libyan olive and that will be diving afternoon and in I don't know the there sure that if she sure that all the light up at the lecture all came back the length of the litigant which are linked with the item you're out but another minute and then end up call that enter billing at the end of the others contended that are the worst in a large trading meeting and then lay behind the plate before 11 although we could double click again right about now

• 2 years later...

Hello, I am trying to set up Express Scribe with the Microsoft Speech to text engine in Windows 8.1

I went to Options > Speech To Text, selected the Windows engine, selected a default profile and then hit add to add a profile. From the drop down menu I selected a profile and left User Id at value 0. After I clicked OK, the profile name does not show up in the user specific profile list, only the user id. So I can see the 0 in the user ID column, but nothing in the profile name column.

When I try to hit ok on the text to speech option dialog box I get the error "invalid profile for user0"

Loading an audio file and trying to automatically transscribe, doesn't generate any text.

How can I get a working configuration so that I can load an mp3 and let Express Scribe transscribe it? Thank you!