Is there a way to view what files the project is using?

Rusakov

I suffered from some computer problems recently but I was able to recover most of my VideoPad projects. I want to recreate some of my videos using the project files, but there is a problem. I downloaded VideoPad and imported my project, but I can't see what files the project is looking for.

I've used an earlier version of VideoPad and the file names were listed even when the directory for them changed; but the newer versions don't do that.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to view what files the project needs?

When I open a project from which files have been removed a prompt appears that shows the path and file name of the missing file. This in 3.0.

You can also open the .vpj file with a text editor. The result will be messy, but buried in the text there may be helpful clues.

When I open a project from which files have been removed a prompt appears that shows the path and file name of the missing file. This in 3.0.

You can also open the .vpj file with a text editor. The result will be messy, but buried in the text there may be helpful clues.

I don't recieve a prompt like that when I open a project. Weird... But I'll try using a text editor to figure things out.

Edit: tried various text editors, Notepad++ opened it, but all I get is "NUL".

Edit II: now have a text output on Notepad++, but it doesn't list any file paths. Here's the output:

version=7
hindex=46
folders=4
h=12&name=Images&hfolder=0&open=0&type=2&selected=0
h=11&name=Audio%20Files&hfolder=0&open=0&type=5&selected=0
h=10&name=Video%20Files&hfolder=0&open=0&type=3&selected=0
h=9&name=Sequences&hfolder=0&open=0&type=6&selected=1
clips=1&relativepaths=0
h=13&type=6&name=Sequence%2001&note=&creationtime=1361890467&hfolder=9&duration=0&in=0&out=0&thumb=0&seqcachename=Seq13_1361868867_18467&selected=1
tracks=1
h=16&type=1&name=Video%20Track%201&output=1&collapsed0=0&collapsed1=0&collapsed2=0&hsequence=13
trackclips=0
subtitletracks=1
h=14&name=&hsequence=13
subtitleclips=0
transitions=0
effectchains=1
size=0&fadepoints=0&speedchange=100&voll=0&volr=0&mute=0&hclip=13
groups=0
bookmarks=0

Pardon my bump, but I think I have a few important things to add.

1. I wasn't able to read vpj output when it was still in 1.x format (apparently the last version I had was from the 1.x series) but I was able to read it after it was converted to a series 3 readable format.

2. Considering that this problem never happened when I had the 1.x version of VideoPad, could it be an error in VideoPad itself? I tried opening

the vpj file in both 3.01 and 3.02 versions and neither worked. Does anyone else experience this problem? I ask because if it's a recurring

problem I might open a ticket on the bug list.

Hi

Were your project files (.vpj files) created with an earlier version of VP and are you trying to open them with Version 3.0/1 VP?

If this is the case then they probably won't work as NCH say the versions are incompatable in this respect.

And, as you say, you seem to have no files listed..

This the .vpj notepad output for a VP Version 2.41 project with a single still .bmp image called "Mars" It's on the sequence line for 10 seconds. No overlays, no soundtrack and no transitions. .....i.e. a very simple project.

The file path for this image is:

C:/Users/NS/Pictures/PLANETs/MARS/Mars.bmp

The Notepad output from the .vpj project file is:

version=5

hindex=15

folders=0

files=1&relativepath=0

h=13&type=2

&path=C%3A%5CUsers%5CNS%5CPictures%5CPLANETs%5CMARS%5CMars.bmp&duration=10000&stereoformat=0

clips=1

h=14&hfile=13&hfolder=0&name=Mars%20-%20Clip%201&in=0&out=10000

sequenceclips=1

h=15&hfile=13&hfolder=0&name=Mars%20-%20Clip%201&in=0&out=10000&htransition=0&heffect=0

transitions=0

effects=0

subtitleclips=0

overlayclips=0

sequence=15

tracks=3

name=Audio%20Track&mute=0&solo=0&left=0&right=0&index=0&samplerate=44100&channels=2&soundprocesschain=0

name=Soundtrack%201&mute=0&solo=0&left=0&right=0&index=1&samplerate=44100&channels=2&soundprocesschain=0

name=Soundtrack%202&mute=0&solo=0&left=0&right=0&index=2&samplerate=44100&channels=2&soundprocesschain=0

soundclips=0&relativepath=0

bookmarks=0

The significance of some of the values can be worked out, but extracting the pathways for numerous clips/images etc from such a printout would be a pain.

Nat

Hi

Were your project files (.vpj files) created with an earlier version of VP and are you trying to open them with Version 3.0/1 VP?

Yes. When opening the files with a 3.x version of VideoPad, it says that the file will be converted. But after the conversion, no file lists show up.