Why is VideoPad 3 SOOOOOO SLOOOOOOWWWWW

gibson23

Hi AndrewAndrew,

Yes I am now experiencing issues as I work with the program this morning. I did read your earlier post in regards to VSDC. It certainly looks powerful. After jumping through a lot of hoops, I finally found their direct download site. See link below.

http://www.videosoft...ee-video-editor

Question # 1 please

After downloading and starting the install process, I noticed in their License Agreement that they place additional software on your computer such as a toolbar, etc. Are you aware of this? Any concerns?

Question # 2 please

Also, can you please tell me if this VSDC editor provides unlimited audio and video tracks?

Question # 3 please

Certainly can't argue with the fact that VSDC video editor is free but and there's always a "but" :-) BUT there is no community support forum that I can locate. This is unfortunate as I enjoy helping and receiving answers to my questions that WILL certainly arise while using the new VSDC editor.

I enjoy VideoPad's support forum here and will miss any and all support if I move to VSDC. Any suggestions please?

I downloaded it from CNET.com from memory, Always look at the download options, with the check boxes and Next or cancel, the cancel option will get you out of additional crapware that may be installed and back to the install. I have a clean install no issues, Not sure how many video and audeo tracks but I have over 18 of each with no issues, as for a forum, I did not find any, but it is super easy to start one, I am suire you woudl get a lot of sign ups

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with you

It is completly un-usable unless it is a 2 minute vide oclip you are working on. This is a PR disaster, and they are still allowing people to buy this product, I wonder how far up the ladder the "knowledge" of the software bug goes, I reckon that it does not go that far up the ladder, No CEO in they rigth mind would keep shitty updates like this onsale, I bet a team of software coders are trying to keep their jobs by keeping a lid on this. We need to find a way to get this mesage to the CEO and the board members, I actually like NCH but this is a F..king disaster, It cost me a huge amount of time moving to another video editor, it is not as good, but it gets the job done and iwth Corel Video editor 6 coming out last week, there is a lot of competition now in this field

If this becomes an ongoing thing I will move on to something else... any recommendations for searches?

I tried a few.... over 23 different video editors, I wanted the NCH video editing functionality, I even set up Light works which is the real gold standard for editors, it is also free. bit of a steep learning curve, however it is studio quality and well worth a look. I think it is at lwks.com. Having said all that I am using AVS4YOU at AVS4YOU.COM it gets the job done if you need rapid results.

And for anyone who is upset that I am promoting other software in this forum, I did everything to let NCH know that the recent release of the video editor was next to useless, clearly not tested and highly irresponsible to keep on promoting this. Instead of withdrawing the product, they went onto do a major promotion campaign, several of my colleagues wasted good money on this old rope.

Good luck and please check out Lightworks for highend work and if you want quick with professional quality try AVS4YOU

All the best

Yeah you have unfortunately been caught by the sheer incompetance of NCH software management to keep a product as popular as the video editor on sale and actively promoted when in reality it is next to useless.

I suggest you downgrade to the previous version 2.41 I believe which was the last version before they went up to version 3. The previous version actually works and you can use it. Alternately, Try LightsWorks which is at lwks.com or AVS4YOU at ave4you.com great products and they work. LightWorks is professional highend, but AVS4you is real easy to use

I have recommended the previous version of NCH video editor to literally thousands of people, and it came back to bit me on the ass with the verison 3. and they refused to withdraw it, this is not teh way to run a business, and to make it wose they actually recommended that you PAY for teh product to get support, OMFG this is simply crazy.

I truly pray to god they fix this ASAP,, it will soon be THREE MONTHS since they have been working on this issue,

I left here for a few days to try out Lightworks again. I had worked with it in the past, and it worked a lot better then. It's being promoted as a free source code program, but it is anything but! Like Videopad 3.02, the free version of Lightworks is almost useless. It imports and exports almost no common video files, requiring the need for EyeFrame, a program written by users for the free version, so common media files can be both imported and exported. Lightworks windows, like the timeline, would dissappear without reason, and with no apparent way to get it back other then starting over. It also crashed without notice with almost every use. I have a fast 64bit Win 7 computer with tons of memory, so it wasn't my computer.

I'd suggest that if you can't afford the full blown pro version of Lightworks, then stay away.

Thanks for adding in helpful details on Lightworks much appreciated, I agree with you on the lack of filters unless you go pro was an issue for me, so I too did buy it, and the the complexity meant that to do quick edits and compositions was taking too long, way too long. NCH video Editor was perfect for the simple and more tricky editing, if it worked.

My current video editor of choice is AVS4YOU, yes there is a fee, but it actually works really well, it is reliable, I am in the middle of a 90 minute full feature film with no issues, it is actually a joy to use. Anyone can use it for free, until you come to do a final cut they place that label on the video unless you cough up $25

A point of interest.

I found out is that there is an open source (free) video edit code that NCH Video Editor is based on, it is also the base same code that AVS4YOU is based on and dozens of other video editors, I think I tested most of them. This original open source software gives the software developer the complete framework for editing, composition, import/export filters, transistions and the basic visual layout. It looks like it was developed initially in university China back in 2006. It is the reason why so many of these video editors have the "SAME FRUSTRATING" video editing errors, or transistion/filtering errors, They are all based on the exact same base code, so some companies evolved this original base code extensively into a really nice product, and some, not so much.

Bummer! So why are people talking about it as a free alternative?

Welcome to the new version 3, We have been telling NCH software since the day in February that it was released that it was full of errors and mistakes costing us valuable time. This release is crap and needs to be scrapped, it was never tested, it is not even a permissible as an Alpha release.

Try and go back to the version 2.41 I think or whatever was the last release in the 2 series or move to a different video editor platform...some have been discussed very briefly in here.

• 1 month later...

I bought v.2.41 after successfully using the trial version to convert some camcorder holiday video to DVD, adding bookmarks and text overlays. It crashed when I did some edits and tried re-creating an iso image, and I was fooled into downloading a 'fix' which turned out to be v3. It ignored everything in my project files, so I had to start again, and now it takes many times as long to create an iso image - over 24 hours for a 4gb file!!

Now it seems the only way I can find out if the new versions fix anything (or are 'free' updates) is to install them!

Hi

If you find your current version too slow (Version 3.04 is still a Beta I believw) then simply re-install version 2.41. I presume you saved the original vpsetup.exe file for this version? If you did then all you need to do is double click this and it will replace version 3.04

The same thing applies in reverse.

Nat

• 7 months later...

ATTENTION NCH Personnel following this forum: I'm not seeing any updates to this issue since June 2013.

I downloaded / installed Videopad Professional Editor v 3.14 in about October, 2013, paying hard-earned money. I have an older HP with 4gb Ram, WinPro7 and I run NOTHING ELSE at the same time and the Export Video function is unusably slow. It takes up to 30 minutes to export a 2-minute video!!!!!!! At that rate, anything over 10 minutes is out of the question, unless I leave the computer on and go on vacation.

I'm sure this is not the way it was meant to work and judging from the comments above, it was much better with the older version, which I have no access to but if I could be given access with the same license, I would gladly downgrade, since I don't use the fancier functions.

I'm quite satisfied with NCH audio products; it was based on those that I bought this video editor.

Please respond.

Shimon.

Rarely do NCH techs check in here, and they may suggest that you go through support channels. Note the "sticky" at the top of this forum that cautions "What this forum is and what it is not."

Video editors in general are resource intensive and 4Gb RAM isn't optimal. Amount of free space on the C: drive and the video card impact performance and production times.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks "borate / guru". Actually, the same day, NCH notified me of a 5mb update to my Videopad, which improved things A LOT. It is now actually conceivable to export a video of 10 minutes or so, whereas before, it was not. I'm not sure if this is the fix everyone is waiting for, but for now, for my requirements, it's adequate.

Thanks again,

Shimon.