Just wondering if anyone has set up a barcode scanner to their Express Accounts package. This is to enable me to scan items that will automatically display on my invoice page and if possible to control 'items'. I would like to be able to use a USB barcode scanner.

Basically NCH have advised that it is possible, but I have no idea how to do it ???

Hi,

Most usb barcode scanners act like a keyboard plugged in to usb. You should have no problem in using one.

Dear MCGCS,

Thanks for your reply, so I went out shortly after your message and picked up a USB bar code scanner, not sure what to expect and it worked a treat. Initially I thought I would have to print off all my own barcode labels and in fact found a web site where you could do this for free, however i soon realized that if I open the 'add items' in my express accounts and while the cursor is highlighting the 'item code' and I then scan an existing bar code from a product, that this can be used as the item code and I can then name the item what I want to.

Thanks again. :)

Hi Colm,

No problem. I am happy to hear that it has worked out the way you wanted it to.

I also use a barcode scanner. Its a bluetooth scanner as I use it with my android tab or my phone when doing callouts as it make it easy to track pc hardware that I use or need to see when it was sold to them.

Tony.

Just wondering if anyone has set up a barcode scanner to their Express Accounts package. This is to enable me to scan items that will automatically display on my invoice page and if possible to control 'items'. I would like to be able to use a USB barcode scanner.

Basically NCH have advised that it is possible, but I have no idea how to do it ???

well, have you tried the bluetooth scanner mentioned below? I think it is really great.

Dear MCGCS,

Thanks for your reply, so I went out shortly after your message and picked up a USB bar code scanner, not sure what to expect and it worked a treat. Initially I thought I would have to print off all my own barcode labels and in fact found a web site where you could do this for free, however i soon realized that if I open the 'add items' in my express accounts and while the cursor is highlighting the 'item code' and I then scan an existing bar code from a product, that this can be used as the item code and I can then name the item what I want to.

Thanks again. :)

Dear MCGCS, what sort of bluetoth scanner you are using? and how to use with a tab?

Clom44 what brand and model you have used?

Thanks

Mohamedli,

I can not tell you off the top of my head the make or model it would be Monday before I could tell you