edited video won't burn to DVD

LufunoNekhubvi

I downloaded and installed videopad video edit professional trial version and have just finished editing my video. Am trying to burn do DVD but is taking forever (been runninf for over 12hrs). The video is about an hour long. Second Question, is it possible to burn two sequences not combined together into one DVD, as two different video edit?

much appreciate your help

Master L.

HI

Rendering to DVD can take an age! Depends a lot on your PC and the length of the film. Provided VP is still telling you it is running the job (% is increasing even slowly) let it continue.

From the point of view of two sequences...yes..but with reservations. VP (Version 2.41 and 3.0) don't have the facility to produce DVD menus and so only one sequence is rendered on the DVD. The nearest you can get is to place both films on the sequence line one after the other, Add a suitable finish to the first item and a suitable intro to the second item then place a bookmark in between them.

The finished DVD will play through them both from the beginning but you will be able to skip onto the bookmark (ie the second film) with the DVD player remote control. (i.e skip) Obviously you can do this with several (or many) different films added in sequence with bookmarks placed between them but it doesn't replace having a proper DVD menu which allows you to choose from the start.

You can get round this by simply using VP to edit and save each film as a suitable avi onto your hard drive and then use a third party DVD maker (like Windows DVD maker or the free version of SoThink DVD maker..and there others ) to create your DVD with a menu.

Nat

HI

"......how do I combine 2 sequences to make it one for rendering into DVD? "

If you mean sequences as clips then they are simple arranged on the sequence track one after the other.in the order you require.

On the other hand if by sequences you mean two individual previously edited films which you may have saved as VP projects.(.vpj files) you will have to follow a different procedure.

Unfortunately you cannot load a VP project on top of a second VP project and have them one after the other on the sequence track. The second one overwrites the first. If you require both films in an editable form together on the track then you would have to save them first to your PC; a CD or DVD as .avi files (or similar) in this way they can be loaded back into VP, added to the media list as avi clips and dragged to the sequence track in the order you want. You can then (as I mentioned above) add your bookmark between them and save the final combined sequence to DVD.

Alternatively you can edit the two films one after the other from scratch again from their individual clips ,(!) add the bookmark and save to DVD via VP but this would be a lot of work.

For myself where I have several films to save to one disc I have always used a third party DVD maker as mentioned.

Nat