No Zoom in V. 3?

rvermar

I'm a new user, started with v. 2.41 in September 2012 and had some issues with audio/video synching. NCH's fix was to have me download the beta version 3.0.

More issues. Today I downloaded the newest v. 3.0

Some issues have been resolved, but I still cannot find how to Zoom in or out of a single still clip. What I did in v. 2.41 was display a photograph, then zoom in on it, over a few seconds. Nice.

I can't find where to do this in version 3 and NCH support does not answer my question. I did find a Zoom feature in "Transitions" but I'm not wanting to zoom between clips...I want to zoom IN on a still photo.

Anyone who can help?

Hi rvermar,

The feature is still there in version 3.00, it's just found in a different place. You can do it by using the Effect Animation features, which make the effects much more powerful compared to version 2.41. I've made a short video tutorial for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEIaqZ1PJkM&feature=youtu.be

Connor

Thanks for your help. I'm still finding it difficult to navigate this new version of VP. The 'fix' that NCH gave me for my problems was to ask me to download v.3 -- and it's marked "Trial version" -- so I expect they want me to pay to continue to use it, after I'd just paid for it in Sept. 2012. I think not. Trying to get a refund now...

Hi

The zoom shown in the video for V3.01 is not a true zoom and shows simply the whole image or clip reducing or increasing in size with the production of black borders around a smaller or larger image.

The correct zoom effect is the one provided with V2.41 in which the whole screen remains filled with a varying portion of the image,(ie magnified,) the aspect ratio remaining the same, (but selectable.) There are no black borders. It is also much easier to use and one can see at a glance how much of the image is zoomed into and also its position at the start and finish.

The effects shown in the clip are more suited to an overlay image or fancy titles but are effective. However, in the absence of a "proper zoom" (I could't find a way to get one to work,) I would suggest that V3.x retain the original zoom effect along with the ability to select aspect ratios but at the same time also implement the new version.

Nat

Thank you Nationalsolo, for understanding what I'm talking about re:Zoom. I'm totally frustrated with v. 3.0 and apparently there is not fix for my original syncing problems with v 2.41 (I saw another post on the same audio/video synch problem here) so for my purposes, videopad, either version, is unusable.

Still waiting on a refund but I think it's in the works.

Hi

Synching problem

If I edit my RAW video shot in MPEG4 H.246 in large format 1920 x 1080 (or even 1280 x 720) then I get severe and increasing lag of the image behind the sound.

However, If I convert the MPEG4 footage into MPEG2 clips they work perfectly with no image lag and the quality seems virtually unchanged..

I use "Any video converter" which is easy to use and can handle different formats.

http://www.any-video...for_video_free/

Give it a try.....Its free.

Nat