RECORDING VOLUME?

rogabert

Hi all, I am new here... have downloaded the trial version of MixPad and I must say it is very impressive! I have been playing with it a bit, and would really like to try it out by recording several guitar tracks and a vocal and then mix them down to a final mix.

I have searched this forum and looked through the help files, and I cannot find anything about how to set the RECORDING VOLUME. I can find all kinds of controls on the volume for playback, but I cannot find ANYWHERE how to set the volume during RECORDING.

Can anyone help me with this?? I think this little program would be awesome, and I would gladly purchase it, but NOT if it has no way to set the volume during recording.

Excerpt from MixPad Help: “Check that the audio level meter, located at the bottom of the track control panel, is registering an input. If there is no meter reading here, your audio input devices have not been set up properly.”

So I think that recording input volume is adjusted externally with whatever equipment you are plugging your guitar/mic into. (In my case it was via a Lexicon desktop interface. I have also used a preamp) Once you have recorded a track(s) the volume can be adjusted, as you state, for playback and project saving. I had some latency when recording additional tracks, and had to manually align them.

I use the program primarily to mix audience sources of live shows I have recorded with a soundboard source and have very little experience recording directly into MixPad, but that’s my two cents off the top of my head. You may also be interested in checking out WavePad. Good Luck!

• 7 years later...

Hi All

I have the same problem, I purchased Mixpad, its great once you get to know it, thing is,  after recording a track with my guitar through a Blackstar I D core 10, I get a loud playback through my headphones, however, when I play it back through my Blackstar, it's very quiet?, 

If however I play a downloaded track using Media player, through the Blackstar it goes as loud as I want so, it has to be the software, I can't find any info about this, even on the mixpad site. 

Any info would be appreciated. 

Stay safe guys

Mark. 

EdwardF is right, if you don't have any other means to control the audio level during recording, like an interface, pre-amp or any other external input device, then you need to go to the Sound Control Panel on your windows computer, select the microphone or device you are recording from, click on properties, level, and adjust the volume level there.

Markie, regarding the issue with the playback through the Blackstar pre-amp, in MixPad you may want to go to Options > General > Audio Playback and confirm the pre-amp is selected there as the playback device so you can hear your mix.

I had a similar issue: analog line out from Session400 into computer 'in". On the Session I pushed the "pre" and cut the "post- to boost the preamp out AND I had to lie to the computer (Win 10). Under sound control:  tell computer input is a microphone, then push the microphone volume.

I am going to get a Presonis Audio Box usb-96-2x2-usb - https://www.guitarcenter.com/Presonus/AudioBox-USB-96-2x2-USB-Recording-System-1500000068090.gc?rNtt=Presonus%20interface&index=2  

The presonis is analog in /digital out to computer

• 7 months later...