Output IN to OUT versus ENTIRE project?

cuttingfloor

I'm starting to regret my purchase of this software due to the lack of basic features that don't seem to be possible, unless of course my questions in this form are answered, but so far there have been no responses which is also unfortunate.

I'm wondering if it is possible to OUTPUT ("save movie") from a particular START and END point in the timeline, versus having to output the entire project each time. If you have a several minute HD project, it can take over an hour to render, and I just want to see a part (in full res).

Is there a way to do this (besides starting some other project and maybe doing a copy+paste, which I'm not even sure it allows for that anyway)?

There is a frustrating lack of participation on these forums! I can’t answer your question, as my NCH usage is only in the audio realm, but I have considered getting this program and follow the forum. (So far my modest video needs have been handled with Windows Movie Maker, although I would like to explore more possibilities in the future.)

Anyhow – and I appreciate that video rendering takes a lot of time – have you tried the ‘ create new file and then copy and paste your test segment’ method? This is how I often work with audio clips – would it take a lot more time than the OUTPUT method you are looking for?

Sorry that I am not too familiar with VideoPad, and if my question isn’t of much use, but I would like to understand how the copy and paste method is less desirable or if (as you wonder) it is even possible.

• 3 months later...

Hi

Once you have created your complete film save it as a VP project (.vpj file)

When you are ready to work with it, just load it into VP, select your start point and split the film. Now delete the left hand segment you don't need.

Proceed onto your stop point, split the film and delete the right hand portion that you don't require.

Now (if you want) save your segment with another name as another project.

Now save your segment as your movie.

Your original project will still be complete and you will have created a film from the bit you wanted.

Nat