VideoPad 2.41 Possible Virus

gonwk

Hi Folks,

I am hoping that this "CRDF" French AntiVirus Company is wrong and that "VideoPad Video Editor 2.41" is not a MALWARE (Spyware, Trojan, or what not).

I just installed it by default ... I was trying to install "Prism Video Converter Free" ... just for fun ... and during that installation NCH offered 3 more Software ... which I only opted for one ... VideoPad.

After the installation ... I decided to run the "vpsetup.exe" thru VIRUSTOTAL.com and see if it is Clean!!!

VirusTotal Result for VideoPad 2.41

The VirusTotal it gave it a Clean Review BUT ... the CRDF comment at the bottom ... and the fact that my Interent Explorer acted funny after installation ... kind of got me worried!

Q1: Is this a False Positive?

Q2: Has anyone else experienced any problem(s)?

BTW, I searched this Forum and I saw Multiple Posts from way back in 2009 complaining about the same thing ... Possibility of a VIRUS!!!

Thanks!

G! :)

Guest romer-n-c-h

Hello,

No, it is not a virus. What's happening is this, the file you are talking about is probably an .exe file. If this file isn't cleared (white-listed) with a particular virus protection company, they might warn you of a trojan.

Unfortunately there are so many anti-virus companies, we don't have every version of every single piece of our software whitelisted with them all, it would be almost impossible.