Very poor video and audio capture.

andyking

I am trying the free version of Debut on Vista op. I have set it for best quality, avi. H264, mp3 and tried different compressions from 1 to 28. Recording full screen of video from local online tv (iview). The quality is very bad. Video is jerky like its only recording few frames per sec. and audio is also very bad, not at all clear.

What am I doing wrong?

• 2 months later...

I am trying the free version of Debut on Vista op. I have set it for best quality, avi. H264, mp3 and tried different compressions from 1 to 28. Recording full screen of video from local online tv (iview). The quality is very bad. Video is jerky like its only recording few frames per sec. and audio is also very bad, not at all clear.

What am I doing wrong?

The reason that your video is stop and go is that recording in any format requires the computer to encode the video information on the fly. When the computer can't keep up, then you get the slideshow effect. The two primary things that affect this are the computer's computing power and the encoder used.

After experimenting at length, I have found that the best format to capture raw video (on screen or from another source) is in .avi using the Microsoft Video 1 encoder. I can capture 1920x1080 at around 26fps and it looks pretty good. After you capture the raw video, you can process it to post production form (editing and adding effects) using VideoPad Video Editor. When you process it you can use any encoder you like, since the computer will have plenty of time to encode the video. I typically use the Indeo Video 5 encoder to re-encode on VideoPad. It takes a while for the computer to finish but the results are pretty good.

If you want to re-encode to a specific file format, like .wmv, then you will have to use the only encoders available for that format which are the Windows Media Video 8 or 9. You can capture your raw video in the .avi format with Microsoft Video 1, and then re-encode it during production to .wmv with Windows Media Video 8 or 9.

Hope that helped a little.

• 2 weeks later...

How to easily burn MKV movies to DVD disc?

This tutorial shows you how to convert and burn MKV to DVD. Have you ever downloaded a file and waited patiently for it to come in? Then you realize that the file’s extension is not an AVI or MPG and it is in fact a MKV file. MKV files are known for their high quality and their inability to play in most DVD players and media players without plug-ins. Then how to view MKV movies on home DVD player? Well, to do that you need to burn MKV to DVD. This article will help you learn how to burn MKV movies to DVD with DVD Burner which serves as a professional MKV to DVD Converter.

Step 1 Load MKV videos

Click on Load Video button in the uppear left interface to locate MKV files, and add them to this MKV to DVD converter. Drag and drop loaded MKV videos to the storyboard below to make further operation.

step-load%20videos.jpg

Step 2 Edit MKV movies (Optional)

The plug-in video editor lets you edit videos quickly and easily. Select a video file in storyboard and click on Edit selected video file button to crop, trim, add watermark, plug in subtitles or adjust video effects, according to your specific request within minutes.

Step 3 Burn MKV videos to DVD

Once you’ve added videos to the program, now you can convert and burn MKV videos to DVD directly. Of course, you may personalize your DVDs by adding transition effects, customize DVD menu templates, and edit downloaded movies, etc.

So, you just have finished burning MKV to DVD, now you can play your MKV files on home DVD player in your living room through TV. Also, now you may share your favorite movies with your friends. Enjoy.

More:

How to easily burn MKV movies to DVD disc?

mkv to dvd,