Can I add real-time DATE & TIME to recordings?

clemenzina

As I record very long continuous footage, say up to 9 hours, it would be very helpful when editing if the date and time could be displayed. (It would also be useful for validating "occurrences" in the video.) I can't see a way of doing this via Debut's own functions but wonder if there's an add-on that would do it, or some way of overprinting it on the capture area...

Am lost really - anyone have any (polite) suggestions? :unsure:

PS - I note that NCH says the following about Debut: "Add your own text captions or time stamp your video"

...have watched the video tutorial but only text captions are covered.

clemenzina :)

I have received advice that date/time settings are available under the caption "A" button. (Thought I'd mention it here on the forum so that visitors have access to the info.)

Thanks a lot, I'm working on it! :)

I have received advice that date/time settings are available under the caption "A" button. (Thought I'd mention it here on the forum so that visitors have access to the info.)

Thanks a lot, I'm working on it! :)

Would you mind sharing how you did this? I go to the "A" button for text/captions, but I don't see any options for date or time settings. Do I need to enter a variable of sorts into the caption box? Or how do I get the live date/time to show up on the recording?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Would you mind sharing how you did this? I go to the "A" button for text/captions, but I don't see any options for date or time settings.

Firstly, sorry I haven't responded before but I didn't get a notification of your post - must check if that can be fixed!

I had the same problem re discovering Date/Time. This is a copy of my date/time setting, you don't have to use the same order, you could have Month/Day/Year if you're American ;) (I added GMT because I display internationally, and separators for clarity when I'm editing):

%YYYY% %MM% %DD% || GMT || %HH% %MIN% %SS%

Screenshot of the interface (Stroke Color = font outline):

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/satissa/PCs%20AV%20etc/?action=view&current=2012-01-1808-48-31_DebutProfessional.jpg

It was quite fiddly getting the font as I wanted it, here's an example (not brilliant quality video, but it's a live webcam on an owls' nest and I'm recording in flv for speed's sake, then it's been extracted from a long clip with an editor and uploaded to YouTube via same - so, a lot of processing, but quite honestly it's not much different from the original):

I will try to remember to check back in case you need further assistance. EDIT - No reply notifications are available, only for PMs, so please feel free to PM me to let me know you've posted here :)

clemenzina :)