TAPI- Compliant Voice-Data Modem

I'm working on building a small system setup with IVM Attendant Software for a small church. We have 4 phone lines (and really only need one to be used for IVM since the rest are transferred to).

With a small system, no high-powered server, and a limited budget, what are some of the better and less expensive ($75 or less) voice modems that we should look into? We can't spend $1500 on a telephony card, but neither do we need one. However, so far, my experience hasn't been good with the common-sold modems.

Scott

• 3 months later...

I have a similar situation. Any luck in locating a good modem yet? Appreciate if you can share your experience.

I'm working on building a small system setup with IVM Attendant Software for a small church. We have 4 phone lines (and really only need one to be used for IVM since the rest are transferred to).

With a small system, no high-powered server, and a limited budget, what are some of the better and less expensive ($75 or less) voice modems that we should look into? We can't spend $1500 on a telephony card, but neither do we need one. However, so far, my experience hasn't been good with the common-sold modems.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Scott

Scott

Some voice modems $75 and less that work:

Jaton Wincom or Communicator $16

Hayes Accura $60

Creative $45

Swann $30

I'm checking these out and have not decided yet on buying.