Sound out of Synch

chome4

• 2 weeks later...

I have just downloaded and started using video pad. I have exactly the same issue with imported files as well as the preview. Let me know if you find anything out.

What I've noticed is that if the original recording is not good, then the VideoPad-edited one will be out of synch. If I record onto my pc and the connection is interrupted by my doing other things on the web, gliches will show up on the edited film clip when I move the time thingy along.

This should be able to be corrected in VideoPad, I'm sure. But because it's free I think it's only good for basic editing and not 'repairing' stuff.

I'll be sure to post here when/if I find out any more info....

Hi

For me MPEG4 video does not play in synch particularly in the larger formats or higher framerates.

As an example....

If I load a 20 second MPEG4 H264 1920 x1080 60fps clip.

It indicates 20 seconds above the clip in Timeline mode and shows 20 seconds in Storyboard mode. The clip looks perfect...until I play it. (in preview).

The soundtrack plays in 20 seconds

The visuals play in 45 seconds

So no way can it be edited in VP.

Is it VP or the PC? NCH say its the PC.Others disagree... <_< I am inclined to think it's the PC.

Added to this, the clip in question does not play correctly in Quicktime, (WMP wont play MPEG4) and it behaves like it does in VP. Jerky video and out of synch sound.

I find it better if I shoot in a smaller format at 30 fps, but it still not really usable.

i.e HD H.264 1280 x 720 MPEG4@30 fps.

If, now, I convert the video to MPEG2, the result is perfect. It edits correctly and there is no sound lag (although it is NOT the sound that is lagging).

For me this works.

Nat